Final Note

Music: Rise Up by Andra Day

Music: Rise Up by Andra Day. (The group therapists would play this repeatedly during my stay, so I thought it fit perfectly as the theme of this book.)

               There are a thousand things I didn't add to this poem book, along with so many other patients. But in the end, that doesn't matter. What matters is every person reading these words.

You might be wondering; did going to this place help me? I truly believe if I hadn't gone, I wouldn't be alive today, so that alone is an answer. I also believe if I hadn't gone, I would still be misdiagnosed to this day. I wouldn't be receiving the medication I need to make me feel some sense of stability. And now I feel I can finally get back into doing what I like to do. Not just with work and everything in my life, but with writing as well. I had many plans for writing that I just threw out the window when I decided to take my own life.

So if you are considering looking for help, but feel ashamed or scared, don't be. I know it's not as simple as just saying it, "don't be", but reach for the help you need. If I can do it, with my job and all my responsibilities, I know you can do it.

For those in any mental health crisis, or if you know of anyone in a crisis, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room at a hospital. Or contact the suicide prevention hotline at 1-800-SUICIDE (784-2433).

Otherwise, I hope you enjoyed my little stories and poetry. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. I will answer them as long as they are: not about my childhood trauma or not about updating any books. (You know I had to say it!)

Thank you for reading. Take care of yourselves and value yourself.