C H A P T E R 8

Today is going to be hell

Today is going to be hell. Painful, torturous hell. Today will be my last full day of the Dark Moon, which I am happy about. Don't get me wrong I can't wait to get back home at Midnight but what is going to make today hell is Lilith's birthday. Between her acting all high and mighty today I also have to deal with Axel trying to make me accept his horrible deal.

The past few days he has been ambushing me whenever I get a moment alone trying to seduce me into being with him. Just the thought of Axel angers the hell out of me. I can't even count the number of times I have wanted to break his neck or bash his face against the wall. I have finally concluded what Axel reminds me of, an annoying fly that you can't get rid of and is always buzzing around near you. I mean who the fuck does he think is? Does he literally not remember rejecting me like two years ago. That alone should have made him stop making attempts at me but no he wants me to be his fucking mistress on the side.

The only thing keeping me sane is Xavier and my parents. Four days ago I had dinner with my parents at my childhood home before they dropped the big bomb on me.

"Wait, are you saying you want to come to Midnight with me?" I asked my parents.

They both nodded and Mom spoke, "I mean yes if it is alright with you."

Without saying anything I jumped off from my seat and went to hug both of them.

"Are you kidding now I don't have to come back to this wretched pack ever again? Oh my god, you are going to love the Midnight pack," I said to them excitedly.

I smiled at the memory but it quickly disappeared remembering what today is. All I could hope for today is to go as smoothly as possible. For the next few hours, I spent it with Xavier sparring and spending time in our rooms. Before we knew it was time to get ready for Lilith's party. I took a shower before I did my makeup in the bathroom. Doing a neutral and gold eye look with a nude lip for my face. I put on a satin emerald gown with my hair loosely curled falling on my back. Adding my accessories I did a once over before I left my room. Outside I was joined by Xavier who was wearing a dress shirt for the party. Walking past the housing area in the open field where the party was being held, both I and Xavier grabbed a glass of champagne before entering. The party was being held in the same area as where most mandatory meetings are held.

I turned to him and said "I need liquor courage if I am ever going to get through this"

He laughed and said, "Well then this is good luck to us."

Then we clink our glasses and we take a sip from the glass. The bubbly, rich taste filled my mouth as I walked around the party with Xavier. I spotted Axel on the far right near the podium with Lilith on his arm. She had a flowery pink dress on with her hair tied back as she was talking to Reed, Grey, and Ruby. Axel finally noticed me as we held a stare from far. He broke it and turned his gaze down my body as he was taking in my dress. He had a lustful gaze before he turned his gaze to my right. Then his sight was filled with anger and jealousy at Xavier being close to me. Ignoring his eyes, I enjoyed the party with Xavier and the rest of the Midnight warriors. The event was mostly uneventful until I bumped into Lilith walking back from getting a snack.