𝙲𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚙 & 𝚂𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚊𝚕

"Kei-kun, Tadashi-kun! Let's have lunch together!"

Y/N called out at the two who was about to leave the room to grab lunch at the cafeteria.

She jogged towards them to catch up where she squeezed in in between them as they walk together to the same direction.

It's been 5 months now when Tsukishima and Y/N started going out together.

Yamaguchi only found out a month later when he noticed the bracelet that Y/N is wearing. The same bracelet that Tsukishima was eyeing on one of the stores when the two of them decided to go see a movie one weekend.

The three are seated on a table with their almost empty lunch trays when Y/N volunteered to grab some drinks for everyone, excusing herself after taking the final bite on her pork cutlet.

When the girl is far enough from their table, Yamaguchi turned to Tsukishima who is seated beside him.

"Tsukki, I just noticed. You two are already dating but you're still calling her L/N-san. Aren't you guys going out for like 4 months now?"

Unbothered, Tsukishima continued to eat but eventually gave up on eating with his small appetite.

"5 months... and 19 days."

He simply answered.

"Eeh? Already? Shouldn't couples be calling each other like cute names like let's say... baby or something?"

With a sigh, Kei places down his chopsticks on top of the bowl then turned to his friend.

"What are you trying to say, Yamaguchi?"

"What I mean is that, wouldn't it be awesome to call your girlfriend with a name only you can call her? Something that makes her name more special."

By this time, the taller boy is expected to respond sarcastically, but he didn't.

He was left staring at his green haired friend until Y/N came back holding a strawberry milk drink for him, orange juice for Tadashi, and apple juice for herself.

He didn't waste any more time and grabbed his drink, stabbing the straw on the carton pouch and took a sip.

For the rest of the day, he caught himself just staring out of nowhere in particular, even spacing out in class.

It wasn't a new scenario for the teachers but his focus sure is on a different place that day, which is a surprise to them.

That the smart and collected boy missed the paragraph where he's about to read next.

And that went on until dismissal.

Y/N is on cleaning duty that day along with one of their classmates so she told them that they can go home first.

It doesn't really take that long when they finished cleaning up but her partner went ahead of her.

She made sure to change to her outdoor shoes before stepping out of the school building.

Stretching up her arms to at least cool down her muscles a bit after carrying some of the chairs up their designated tables earlier.

What she didn't notice is the boy standing on one of the pillars just outside the pillar with his hands tucked on his pants' pockets.

He straightened up when he saw the familiar small figure walk out of the building and pass by him.

"L/N..."

He called out under his breath but it came out like a whisper when he trailed off her name.

What really makes someone's name special?

Does it really have to be something sweet? Or worst, cringe?

Is it really mandatory to call someone baby just because you two started going out?

No. Those things doesn't really matter to him.

Who cares about everyone's dating standards? They don't know them. They don't know her.

Screw it.

Even if he admit it or not, he's been practicing how the name will sound like if it came from his mouth.

And her name rolled out like a song in his ears.

"Y/N!"

For the first time in 6 years that they knew each other, he finally called her out by her first name.

-----

"Did you forget to take your shots today? You look crazy."

Tsukishima eyed the girl laying on her stomach on his bed while scribbling on an empty page of his notebook.

She's been smiling and chuckling to herself for a while now and that sends him the creeps.

His girlfriend finally lost her sanity.

"Nothiiiing~ I just remembered something really cute."

He raised an eyebrow in confusion but her smile is still creeping him out that he reached for a pillow and tossed it directly to her head.

"Creep."

xx