𝙷𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚎 & 𝙷𝚘𝚖𝚎

Everyday for the past 2 weeks, Tsukishima will always find a paper in his table. And today is just like any other day.

Opening them, poorly drawn animals were sketched on the paper with 'good mornings' on them but no names indicated on who it came from.

He didn't pay too much attention on it anyway but when he started noticing someone always following him, he grew suspicious that he told his friend Yamaguchi about it.

"Maybe someone's having a crush on you, Tsukki!"

The green haired boy declared while they are on their way home one afternoon.

"Aren't we too young for that? And it's just a distraction anyway."

"Eeh? But I think it is nice to have someone admiring you. I admire you, Tsukki!"

The 8-year old Tsukishima's face scrunched up and an eyebrow raised at the sudden confession from his friend.

He only stopped receiving sketches on a weekday when his family went on a 3-day trip to pay a visit on his grandparents.

For the first time in 2 weeks, his mind is free from school and his noisy classmates, and this trip is just what he needed.

It ended so soon though when they needed to go back home. It was short lived but he surely had fun being with his family once in a while.

As soon as they arrived, he noticed that someone is waiting outside their house. A small girl in her school blue and her hair on a low pigtail.

The little girl perked up and smiled as soon as she saw Tsukishima, and immediately run towards him, almost tripping on her way.

"Tsukishima-kun!"

He remembered the girl as one of his classmates who was picked on by some of their 'ugly classmates' (his words). She's the transfer student from Tokyo and he always thought that she's too small for their grade.

"Tsukishima-kun, I heard you visited your grandparents. Must be nice~"

"How did you know where I live?"

Her eyes widen at the sudden question and fiddled with her fingers as a habit whenever she gets anxious.

Instead of responding to him, she opened her bag and pulled out 3 folded papers, handing it to him.

Kei took the papers to open one of them. It is a drawing of a butterfly with yellow wings and a note at the bottom. Before he can finish reading them, the girl in front of her spoke with a wide smile.

"Welcome home, Tsukishima-kun!"

-----

Tsukishima stirred up from his sleep when he felt light taps on his shoulder. Opening his eyes slowly and blinking to adjust his vision, he looked at Yamaguchi already standing at the aisle of the bus with his bag slung on one shoulder.

"Tsukki, we're here."

After days of training, they're finally back home. Everyone is getting off the bus while stretching their limbs from having to sit for a long time the whole ride.

Getting up from his seat, Kei reached for his bag to follow Yamaguchi off of the bus.

The coach called out for a quick huddle before letting the boys go home so they can all rest.

They each took their own way home, walking ahead from Yamaguchi with a yawn as they approach the school gates. Taking off his glasses for a moment to wipe the sleep off his eyes.

"Kei-kun!"

Hearing the familiar voice approaching, Kei wore his eyeglasses once again to see Y/N running up to him with a huge smile on her face. In a blue shirt and almost tripping on her own feet.

Some things never change.

"Welcome home, Kei-kun!"

She flashed yet another wide smile once she halted a few feet in front of him. Causing for his lips to curve up a little but that only lasted for a couple of seconds.

Placing a hand on top of her head, Tsukishima started to walk ahead of her.

"I'm home."

xx