02.||A social Taboo: Impure||

So, basically Taboos are a stupid belief or restrictions that people put on others because I guess they are too free or they have fun making things complicated and then act as a gyaani.

One such Taboo is impure.

Impure what? Water, juice, river?

No here in this taboo, girls are impure.

In our oh-not-so-well-cultured-society a girl or woman is considered as "impure" while they are menstruating.

Impure in the sense, they can't go to any temple or religious place, touch any holy book, take the name of God or goddess because the blood that comes out through that vagina is considered to be dangerous and possess evil spirits.

Strange na. The blood that comes out of the body as a natural process is considered as evil but the blood which comes after violence is good.

In films, we like watching those actions sequences when the hero just punches the villain once and 1 litre of blood starts coming out of his whole body but this menstrual blood is considered as the sign of impurity and even polluted blood.

Even if the girl enters the temple and if by chance her mother gets to know that then it's like "ghor paap".

'Pooja yeh kya kr Diya tune. Hey Ram. Pure Mandir ko shuddh krana hoga.'

"Mom, you only used to ask me to worship in temple each day and now when I'm-"

"Na ji na, Mandir jao pr iss samay pr nhi"

And the girl is like WTF-

No, no it's not a movie scene but it's the reality of our country. In urban areas though it's less but in the rural areas it's worse.

Menstruating girls can't even enter the kitchen. She can't cook food because the food which she will make will get some evil spirit. They don't have proper knowledge about sanitation even. Most of the girls are still using clothes. It is causing so many infections but-

'na ji na infection jaisa Kuch nhi hota h, isne bhagwan Ka naam liya tha na toh paap lg gya h.'

Again WTF-

Everyone wants a child from a woman, but while menstruating they are impure.

Ok! They won't menstruate. Happy?
[Though ig it's not possible except a few exceptions but let's just assume it]

'Na ji na. Menstruation is important otherwise how would you give us a cutie pie, hn?'

And the girl is again like-

There are so many Taboos regarding this. One is that if a girls touches a cow when she is on her periods then the cow will become infertile leading a girl associate their own bodies with curse and impurity.

Wow! *Slow claps for such people* No really they deserve it Yaar.

The girl who is seen as an avatar of Devi Lakshmi or Durga suddenly becomes a devil. Some supernatural powers enter into them.

Be scared! I may come out to touch you then.

The worst thing, there are so many women who believes in this stupid taboo. Being a woman how can you call yourself as impure you stupid old lady!

And if you think that women's blood is impure or unholy then let me tell you that your whole birth is unholy because if the women won't be menstruating then you wouldn't have been here.

A little blood stain on clothes is seen as a big oval shaped zero in Nobita's test.
[ My sense of humour has gone Tel Lene for now]

People do not have much knowledge about this topic in our country.

1. The menstrual blood is not impure. It's like any other blood which comes out of your body when you get a cut or something.

And if you think that that blood is "impure", then drain out all the blood of your body and live happily. Ok!

2. The food doesn't get spoiled if a girl is on her periods until she is maintaing proper hygiene and sanitation.

And if you feel that the food gets spoiled so then ok one day I would come to your home and make you eat special food with expired cheese, rotten tomatoes, sewage's water lemonade and you will know what a spoilt food looks like.

Also, there is one more in which a girl can't bath during the starting days of her periods.

Wow! First you yourself don't let the girl bath and then you call the girl as unclean.

Maan gye boss! Dimaag toh bhut lgaya h girls ko degrade krne ke liye by every possible means. Already the girl is suffering through cramps, mood swings and you add one more thing misery into that.

I wish people would have used the brain to clean them self. Impurity aren't in girls but in all those who believes in this stupidity and  follow them.

Many girls drop out of the school just because they start to menstruate.

Girls have become shy about talking on this topic. It is still that one "ish" topic.
They don't talk freely if they face any menstrual problem just because what the people will say, what all tortures will she have to face and what all glares will people give if they get to know about it.

Problem with periods in not that blood but the society's thinking which disgusts me to no end.

Girls if you are facing such problems then just shut your ears and think about your body and talk to some elder who feel can help you out and seek a gynaecologist.

This world will never make things easier. It's time that we become stronger and do what is right for ourselves rather than thinking what others will say.

Periods is just a normal process, there's nothing disgusting in that or being embarrassed about.

Your thoughts over it------------------------->>

Any other topic you want me to rant on?

And taboo believers, go and first make yourself fully and rightly aware and then act like a gyaani Baba. Thank you!!

Your thoughts over it --------------------->>>

Any other topic you want me to rant upon?