Alone Time [14]

"So...Y/N?", the blue haired boy laying besides you softly asked, "Yes, Sal?", you responded while giving his hand a gentle squeeze, the two of you staring up at the dusty skylight as you lay upon the tattered old gym mats within the dim storage room.

Rain continued to pour down upon the earth outside as Sallyface continued, "Now that we've both come clean about how we feel about each other...I think now's a better time than ever to ask you this.", he turned his head to face you, and you did the same, gazing upon his face that was still unmasked. A sight you were so grateful to have finally been able to seen, you couldn't help but smile as he spoke, "I, um...", his scarred cheeks begin to turn a bright shade of red, nervousness present within his voice, "I wanted to ask if you'd like to...be my girlfriend? Y-yknow, since we both...", he cleared his throat, "...like each other.", he shyly finished, however he never broke eye contact.

You couldn't describe how happy he had made you by asking that question, all you could do to express your utter joy was lean forward and plant a big kiss upon his forehead, one of your hands lovingly caressing his cheek.

Pressing your forehead against his, you whispered back a response, "I'd love to, Sal. Nothing would make me happier.", and with that the two of you shared a small peck, giggling to yourselves with relief to finally no longer have to hide your feelings any longer. You were officially boyfriend and girlfriend.
* * *
Those events had taken place nearly three weeks ago now, yet you constantly replayed the sweet memory within your head no matter where or what you were doing. It was just so perfect, you couldn't believe it had actually happened, the fact that you were dating Sallyface was such a surprise to you that everyday felt like the first day of your relationship, so joyful and full of shy lovey-dovey moments.

As you leaned over the sink washing dishes, Sal's face remained present within your mind, both masked and unmasked, you just couldn't get enough of him. The door to your mothers door creaked opened, and out came your mother with a suitcase in hand, car keys in the other, "Thank you for cleaning up the house before I leave, Y/N. I had no time to clean since I was getting my stuff ready, I'm about to head out right now.", she explained. You gave your mother a smile before turning your head towards the calendar on the wall, today was the day before thanksgiving, "Oh, right, she was leaving a day early to get there in time. Thanksgiving break started this Monday. Man, time flies!", you thought to yourself as you dried off the last mug and placed it in the proper cabinet.

"You better be safe, mom. When are you coming back by the way? Saturday?", you questioned as you plopped yourself on the couch. "Yes, I'll be back Saturday. I figured I'd stay and help grandma out around her house a bit before coming back.", she began to walk towards the front door, which you quickly jogged over and opened for her before wrapping your arms around her in a tight hug, nearly causing her to drop her stuff, "Bye, mom! I'll miss you, be safe! Love ya!", you said with a smile as you let go, your mother smiling back at you as she walked into the hall, "Love you too kiddo, tell Lisa I said thank you for letting you over for thanksgiving tomorrow at her house, have fun with your pals dear, just not too much fun with Sal, I'm too young to be a grandma.", she jokingly remarked with a grin as she made her way towards the elevator, pressing the lobby button.

"Mooom!", you called out to her as the elevator doors opened, embarrassed she'd say something like that but hey, that was just her way of playing around with you. With one final wave, she was off on her way to visit relatives for thanksgiving. Walking back into the apartment instantly felt a lot more lonely, but there was a very simple remedy for that. You wasted no time in hurrying into your room and grabbing the walkie-talkie off your nightstand, leaning against the wall as you pushed down on one of the buttons, "Sally? You there?", you asked.