First Day at Nockfell [5]

Loud electric beeping was the sound you woke up to Monday morning, but hey, it was better then being woken up by a ghastly spirit, right? Actually, since it was your first day of school and overall first day of the school year, maybe seeing a ghost and passing out would be a good excuse to stay home. Slowly your hand reached over towards the alarm clock, smacking the thing to make it shut up, not wanting to leave your bed which felt unusually comfy this morning.

"Okay, get up. You have to shower and get ready, you don't want to look like crap your first day, right? Wait, since when do I care what people think? Maybe just ten more minutes...", you thought to yourself, but quickly brushed the lazy thoughts away, knowing that if you fell back asleep you'd definitely be late. Sitting up slowly, you looked at the time, it read 7:01, school started at 8:15, just enough time to shower, get dressed and make an attempt to look presentable.

Throughout your shower you wondered how this day would go down, would you meet new people? Would you like your classes? What kind of lunch do they serve? The one question you didn't think of however was if Sal and Larry would hang out with you, because it had been answered yesterday. After they finished telling you the horrendous story of apartment 403 and list of spirits they had encountered so far, the topic of the first day of school was mentioned, it being the next Monday after all.

Surprisingly, it was Sal who asked you to hang out with them at school, Larry encouraging you to say yes, and of course you agreed! How could you not? These two dudes were your coolest friends, well, only friends for now, but they had promised to introduce you to the rest of their little group so you expected your friend count to go up. Any friends of Sal and Larry were bound to be friends of yours.

Time ticked by, and eventually it was already 7:30AM, all you had left to do was put on your outfit. This part was a bit worrying to you, since at your old school your outfits were often met with comments such as, "It isn't Halloween yet!" or the classic, "Is black the only color you wear?".

"Hometown Assholes..." you mumbled to yourself as you pulled your comfy black wool sweater over your head, remembering all the jerks from your previous school, slipping on your green plaid skirt and black stockings next. Finally, you put on your absolute favorite pair of shoes, your good old black Doc Martens. Examining yourself in the mirror, you loved everything about your outfit, it complimented your figure, made you feel confident, and best of all you knew your friends wouldn't judge you over it. They didn't give a shit what you wore, they'd be your friends even if you wore a potato sack for a dress. "How's my makeup...?", you asked yourself, leaning into the mirror to get a closer look.

This was a silly question however, you didn't even wear makeup besides mascara but you still wanted to make sure it looked nice, which it did, your eyelashes were long, dark, and perfectly curled with just the right amount of mascara, making your eyes stand out and compliment your facial structure just right. "What's this feeling right now...am I feeling...good about myself? Holy shit, haven't felt that in a while. I'm gonna hold onto this feeling.", you thought to yourself, smiling excitedly as you grabbed your backpack off your desk and made your way out of your room into the kitchen to say goodbye to your mom for the day.

Looking up at you from where she sat at the kitchen table sipping on coffee, your mom grinned and gave you a joking eyebrow raise, "Look at you Miss Y/N, you're gonna knock them all dead once you get to school." she playfully remarked. Rolling your eyes you grabbed a piece of jelly on toast off her plate, taking a bite before walking towards the door, "Please, if I knock them dead it's because I'm too weird. See ya mom, love you!" you shouted before opening and exiting out the front door, glancing down the hall and seeing your favorite blue haired boy leaning against his apartment door, standing straight once he saw you.