1.03

when jade and julie reached the studio, they saw the three ghosts playing their instruments without a care in the world. both girls began yelling for them to stop and the boys slowly let their instruments fade out.

"the whole neighborhood could hear you." jade snaps at them.

"i thought we told you to leave?" julie reminds them, though they were all too focused on jade statement.

"wait, p-people can hear us play?" luke repeats in disbelief.

"yes, and so did our dad, and brother!" julie exclaims and all the boys grin.

"w-wait, so, only you two can see us, but everyone can hear us?" alex questions. "i mean, what kind of ghosts are we?" he laughs slightly and luke turns to him.

"who cares man? people can hear us play!" he says, excitement filling his voice.

"we might be dead, but our music isn't." reggie fist bumps the other boys.

even though it was a fairly stressful situation they were in, jade couldn't help but smile slightly at how happy the boys were about this news. julie nudged her and flashed an annoyed look, reminding jade that they should be upset with these ghosts at the moment. she quickly nodded and dropped her smile.

the studio door opened suddenly and the girls heads snapped in its direction.

"dad!" julie greets as her father enters the studio.

"hey, just making sure you girls are okay." he tells them softly and both girls nod.

"yeah, we're fine, we just had to turn off the cd player." jade explains. ray nodded and glanced around the room, noticing all the boys instruments set up.

"wait, is this the junk that was in the loft?" he asks, circling alex's drums.

"junk?" luke repeats offendedly.

"some of this stuff is in pretty good shape." he taps a few of alex's drums and the blond stares at him with wide eyes. "hey, maybe we could make a couple of bucks?" ray suggests, spinning the symbols.

"what?" alex asks quickly. "yo, stop touching my drums- tell him to stop touching my drums!" he demands, the boys all turning to the girls expectantly, who shrug slightly.

"i liked that song you had on." ray tells the girls, walking around to the front of the drum set. all the boys faces light up.

"sweet! we're sunset curve!" luke takes a step closer the the man, smiling widely.

"tell your friends." reggie adds quickly.

"it's just and old cd we found." jade explains, earning an offended look from each of the boys.

"still, it's nice that you're listening to music again." he tells them with a soft smile. "out here you can play whatever you want, whenever you want." he moves his arms around as he spoke, sending his hands through luke and reggie's chests.

"aw, that's nice." reggie smiles happily.

"stay out of this." julie snaps at him, making ray's eyes go wide.

"i'm sorry, honey, i didn't-" ray starts.

"no, no, no, not you." julie says quickly. "i mean, uh, you know, give us a minute." she grabs his arm and pulls him to the door, jade pushing him lightly as well.

"hey, hey," he turns back to the girls, placing a hand on each of their shoulders. "we're gonna figure out this music program thing." he assures them and they both force a smile.