Chapter 2- A Familiar Vice

Tunji Adeleke sat down in his front seat in the beautifully decorated hall, eagerly waiting for his special guest to arrive. The last time he saw her was just before her traditional wedding; five months ago and he had really missed her. Clara was someone he had a very long relationship with and he was truly fond of her. He kept looking at the door of the hall every time it opened to check if she was the one arriving. Finally the door opened and it was her. She had on her characteristic long wigs that he loved so much. He had been waiting to see if she would have changed a bit since her marriage but he could see that she looked exactly the same. Tunji couldn't help smiling. He saw Ms.Yemi discussing with her and as soon as Ms Yemi's eyes caught his, he signaled to both of them to come over to where he was seated.

"Hello Tunji" Clara said.

"Hello Dear, you can have your seat right next to me."

"But Sir, the seating arrangement is such ha his particular seat is for the Co-launcher, I mean your wife." Ms.Yemi said.

"Don't worry about it, my wife won't mind because Clara is a family friend of ours and we go way back. Clara will take another seat as soon as Tolani is around. Clara and I just need to discuss some things in the mean time."

"Alright Sir." Ms. Yemi said as she left.

**********************************************************

Tolani said hello to a few friends as she entered the lift with Ms. Yemi. They stopped on the third floor and strolled to the right till they got to the door of the Diamond conference room. As they went into the large hall, Tolani saw that the place was almost filled up. Most of the faces were familiar to her as they were their friends, family members and acquaintances. They had made it a strictly by invitation attendance but even at that, from the size of people in the room it was clear that most of the people they invited had turned up. Since the event had started, Tolani went straight to her seat in order not to distract people. The hall was set with round tables of six chairs each. She however noticed that the seat next to Tunde's seat at the table in front, which was supposed to be reserved for her as the co-launcher was occupied by a lady in a blue silk suit and very long weaves. The lady smiled to something Tunde said and as she did, she turned her side. I know this woman somewhere, Tolani thought. She was still trying to place the face when she noticed Ms. Yemi tap her gently.

"Ma, sorry I didn't mention it earlier, Prince said that woman is an old schoolmate of both of you, he said you wouldn't mind if she borrowed your seat till you came."

Old school mate, old school mate, Tolani thought, who could that be? Suddenly a realization came to her accompanied by a sinking feeling; Clara! Tunji's university girlfriend! Old school mate indeed.

"I hope you don't mind?" Yemi was saying. There was an empty table two rows from the front.

"Not at all. She can have the seat; she is a family friend of ours. I'll just sit at that empty table over there."

"Alright Ma," Yemi said, relieved.

"Ms Yemi, if you do see my son Dayo, please tell him to join me on this table."

"Sure Ma".

As Tolani sat down, she couldn't help the feeling of unease. Why did he tell her to come, knowing I have never been in good terms with her? Why let her take my seat? This is supposed to be our big day. Being a very optimistic person though, Tolani waved the negative thoughts aside and decided to enjoy the night. There were ice buckets full of assorted drinks on each table, she decided on fruit juice and poured a glass for herself as she listened to the MC invite a drama group named 'Leo' for a special presentation. As they climbed the stage, Tolani noticed that Tunji and Clara were whispering in each other's ears. While that wasn't such a big deal, she suddenly noticed them hold hands in between their two seats, it wasn't obvious to anyone else but Tolani saw it because she was looking at them closely and she knew their history. She froze as she noticed him caressing Clara's fingers as their hands locked. Suddenly Clara stood up and quietly walked out of the room, her handbag still on her seat. She must be going to the Convenience, Tolani thought. A few minutes later, Tunji left the room as well. I better go and tell him to stop embarrassing himself and me openly, Tolani thought as she gave him a few minutes head start in order not to raise suspicions, left her bag on the table and went in search of her husband. As she went out of the conference room, she noticed Uncle Ayodeji Adeleke follow her. He was Tunde's father's immediate younger brother.

"Hello Uncle, thanks for coming. Hope you are enjoying the program?" she said brightly.

"I am dear, I need to see your husband briefly. Do you know where he is?"

"I'm also looking for him Sir."

One of the hostesses passed by at that moment. "Hello

Arinola, have you seen my husband?"

"He went to his office."

"Thank you."

Tolani and Uncle Ayo went to Tunji's office which was at the extreme left of the hallway. She was about to knock when she noticed the door was ajar and they walked in. She wished they hadn't! Tunji was still wearing his suit but his pair of pants was down to his knees while Clara's skirt was raised up as they were having sex against the office table. They were oblivious to the fact that they now had an audience as they continued in the act. Tolani was too shocked to say a word as she felt goose pimples all over her body. From what seemed like a distance she heard Uncle Ayo speak,

"Oh my God Tunji, how could you!"

Almost at the same time she heard her son Dayo's voice from the doorway.

"Mom, I heard you were looking for....." his statement hung in mid-air as he took in the scene in the room.

"No way!" he exclaimed.

Tunji came to his senses as he hurriedly pulled up his pants and buckled his belt. Clara also hurriedly adjusted her skirt. Tolani turned and ran to the bathroom. Why today? What is wrong with this man? She thought.