-6-

^teehee things start moving in this chapter but not 😼😼 just yet^

You cried the whole way home, silent tears though, ones you tried to ignore. You tried to pretend that your heart wasn't breaking with every breath. As soon as your apartment door clicked shut behind you, you whipped out your phone and called Spence, one ring, two rings, three rings, four rings "Hello this is Dr.Spencer Reid, sorry I couldn't come to the phone, I'm currently on a case, please leave a message after the tone." That's when you started breaking down, sliding into a ball on the couch.

"Spence, come home, things didn't go well. I- I need you, please." You whimpered into your phone. You waited, checking your phone every minute for a text, a call, something... Lying on your sofa until your eyelids couldn't stay open, letting the darkness swallow you whole.
~~~
One week later

"Ms. Y/L/N?" You glanced up from your phone, a young boy in a red polo stood in front of you "your order is ready," he handed you the steaming pizza box and you smiled, tipping gratuitously. He smiled back, showing a thick layer of braces on his teeth.

"Thank you," Friday's were your weekly self care day, pizza, wine, a long, warm bath and watching as many episodes of what ever crappy Netflix show was available. You were trying to live as normally as you could when Spence hadn't called you in a week and you had to flag Matt with the security guard because he tried to visit you so many times. You were beginning to worry about Spence as you walked across the empty parking garage, it wasn't normal for him to go this long without talking to you. You fumbled in the pocket of your sweatshirt for your key but as you neared the door it was already open a crack, "Hello?" you said standing outside of your apartment "Matt? Matt- If you're in there I'm going to call the pol-"

"Y/N, it's me-" Spencer's tall, slender figure appeared in the doorway "why would you call the cops on Matt? What happened Y/N." You pushed passed him setting your pizza on the table "I'm sorry I'm here unexpectedly but as soon as I stepped off the Jet and saw all your missed calls and texts, I used my spare key-" You cut him off wrapping your arms around him, taking in the soft familiar sent of pine and spice. "Y/N, I'm sorry for not calling you back, I was barely on my phone the entire trip, we were after this crazy sadistic serial killer and I was at a new scene everyday." You felt as he gestured with his arms still wrapped around you "I would've called you back if I had the time, you know that, right?"

"I know, I was scared for you is all," You felt a sigh of relief escape from his lungs "Spence, I think Matt is off the rails." He did the adorable thing he did where he turned his head slightly to side, like a puppy, when he was confused. You let out a shaky breath and guided him to the couch, telling him everything, sparing every detail. When you were done you looked up, Spencer looked mad, beyond that, he looked furious.

"That son of a bitch," He stood up, with you sitting down he towered over you "I- I'm going to find him Y/N and I'm going to- to," You watched as he balled his fists "arrest him on solicitation or-"

"Spence, Spencer, it's okay, you don't need to do anything but be here w-with me." You stammered, tears stinging your eyes, 'why are you crying? nothing happened' "I just need to know that you're going to stay here a- and that you're not going to leave on another case and leave me alone w-with M-m-Matt." You stood up and peered into his soft hazel eyes, they appeared almost black in the late evening night.

"I won't, I won't leave you, not ever." As you stared into each others eyes you felt something, an energy, a connection that you had never felt before. "Y/N..." before you could stop yourself you grabbed Spencer's neck, pulling him down, your lips connecting. For a tense moment he was stiff in your arms, you panicked pulling away.

"Spencer, I- I'm sorry."

"Don't be," He grabbed your face pressing his lips formally against yours, you felt his tongue pressing against your bottom lip, you parted your lips, letting him gain entrance to your mouth but he pulled away "I- I should go now, Y/N." You wandered in his electric eyes, searching for an explanation, but there was nothing there to make you feel anything but elicit joy.