Chapter 18

CID

"Cid, I believe we should think about whether we should continue dating. Us together might be a bad idea."

I can't believe what Aya just told me. We just started, and now she says we shouldn't continue. Now I am keen to know what those cashiers had said in the washroom. I feel that this is not about our conversation last night. My Aya, you don't know how much I want us to work out and be together, even in the future.

"My Aya, I know you are just overwhelmed right now. We can't go somewhere if we will always worry about what people around us are going to think or say. Because right now, I don't fucking care about them!"

"Hey, Cid, calm down, okay! I am just saying that I think we are so opposite from each other in almost everything. I am worried that I may not be of good to you. That's it. I don't want to be a liability or negative addition to you."

"I only have one question for you, Aya. Do you love me? Because if you are going to ask me, I know my answer from the day I pursued you. And I will allow no one or anything to influence how I feel about you. So maybe I should give you time to answer that question. You can call me anytime, and I will come fast when you are ready."

I immediately left the pantry without waiting for Aya's answer. Instead, I walked fast to the office that Rick and I now share. 

Damn those gossipers and jealous bitches making my woman doubt her feelings for me!

I never doubt that Aya feels the same way for me for a second. But I have to give her this time to sort out her doubts. But I will never let those people separate us. Over my dead body! 

"Hello, HR! Cid Waldon here. Can you please come to my office now? Thank you!"

__________________________

AYA

Cid was furious. I had to soothe him to calm down after I told him about my worries about us dating.

"I have one question for you, Aya. Do you love me? Because if you are going to ask me, I know my answer from the day I pursued you. And I will allow no one or anything to influence how I feel about you. So maybe I should give you time to answer that question. You can call me anytime, and I will come fast when you are ready."

His last words stunned me. I didn't even get the chance to answer him, for he immediately left me in the pantry after. My guilt is killing me after telling him we shouldn't continue dating. I realized that I have been unfair to Cid since last night. I went back to the garden for my afternoon shift. Though I enjoyed being surrounded by the flowers and plants, I felt so lonely not having to see Cid the whole afternoon. God, how I missed him!

When the clock struck 5 PM, I logged out from my register and endorsed everything to my replacement. I walked towards the locker room, feeling empty. If only we didn't argue in the pantry. I would have already talked to Cid about last night. After my talk with Jane, I planned on forgiving him about the Waldon issue, but then, stupid me, I was so affected by the words of those cashiers in the washroom.

When I reached my locker, the three cashiers talking in the washroom were waiting for me. They all looked sorry and scared as I walked in their direction.

"Hey, guys, what's up?" I asked with my brows raised.

"We just want to talk to you, Aya." said cashier 1.

"Yeah, we are so sorry for everything we said about you and Mr. Waldon in the washroom." added cashier 2.

"Please accept our apologies. Also, there is nothing wrong with you as a person. Maybe we are just jealous that Mr. Waldon fell for you, not us. But there is nothing wrong with him falling for you and you for him." explained cashier 3. 

"Guys, don't worry about it. I understand why you said those. But please never do that again, not just to me, but to anyone else." 

I told them not to worry about it because I am sure they are now more worried about their jobs than my feelings. However, I am curious about what Cid did this time. These girls will surely not come to me of their own volition. And they wouldn't know I was there, or I heard them if not for Cid.

Ugh! Cid! I love him, but he is so irrational and stubborn!

"Ready to go home, Aya?" Jane asked as she placed her things inside her locker. 

Jane rolled her eyes, asking why the three cashiers were with me in the locker room. I motioned for her to wait. When the three cashiers left, Jane had a boatload of questions. We hurried for the washroom, where I told her everything that happened from the bathroom to the locker room. My sadness consumed me as I relayed my conversation with Cid.

"Thank goodness you realized how you have been unfair to Cid. I told you since last night to be mature and reasonable. I am on his side of this, Aya! You owe the guy an explanation and a sorry gift." Jane winked, emphasizing my sorry gift.

I responded with a pout, knowing she had malicious intent on mentioning it. So we left W and started walking toward the parking lot. But before we could reach the spot where she parked her RAV4, we saw Cid standing beside his car's passenger side.

"Well, that is my cue. I will see you tonight, or maybe tomorrow!" Jane hurriedly went inside her car, waved at us, and left.

I stopped in front of Cid and looked at his face. He looked haggard compared to last night. There's sadness and worry in his eyes. Then, as if our minds were talking, we simultaneously said sorry to each other. And saying nothing else, he pulled me towards him and hugged me tightly. After concluding our first fight with a soft kiss, Cid opened the car door for me. As soon as we buckled up, we both sighed aloud and gazed at each other's faces. 

"Where are we going?" I asked. We both laughed and clasped our hands together.

Before driving, he kissed my hand and took a deep breath. "Promise me you won't do that again. Please let us not mind other people. Do not scare me again."

I nodded. "I'm sorry for being unreasonable. I let my insecurities and fears get into me. Promise I won't do it again."

"I'm sorry too if I yelled at you in the dining area. You do not know how tempted I was to fire them all!"

"Cid Waldon! I told you not to threaten anyone in W with your position. But seriously, why do the cashiers go to me?"

Cid just smiled and placed small kisses on my hand. "You don't have to know, My Aya! Now, let us visit Angel. I have his flowers at the back."

I leaned into him and placed my lips on his, giving him a soft and lingering kiss. I am so thankful to have met this remarkable man. His eyes express the same deep love I have for him. After we visited the memorial park, we went to his penthouse and ordered room service for dinner. 

"It's getting late; I should go."

"My Aya, please stay and spend the night with me?"

***