Chapter 14

"Morning Mark!"

Mirae cheerfully walked into Doyoung's office, seeing the boy sitting up in his bed. It had been a few days since he was shot and was doing well.

"Uh... m-morning, Mirae"

She silently giggled to herself as she watched him stutter out his response. She saw how it made him slightly uncomfortable but she was still touched that he was at least trying to be nicer to her.

"How are you feeling today?"

"I'm doing good um... h-how are you... t-today?"

She couldn't help but smile, letting out little huffs of amusement.

"I'm good thanks for asking, but I was referring to your pain. How are your wounds today?"

"Oh, right." He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly, his ears turning slightly red. "I feel fine. The pain is a lot better."

"Good. I think you're good to leave today, you should stretch your muscles a bit but no training or real physical activity for at least another week, okay?"

"Ok. Uh thank... you... thank you. Mirae, for uh helping me."

"Hmmm you're welcome. I'll get going now. Take your time getting up and call me if you-"

"WHERE IS HE? WHERES MARK?"

The door slammed open and Doyoung ran into the room, scaring the hell out of Mirae. The worry was written all over his face as his eyes landed on Mark.

"Doyoung! I told you he's fine!" Jaehyun came running into the room after Doyoung, panting slightly as he leaned against the doorway.

"Hey Jaehyun."

"Oh, hey Mirae. Sorry if Doyoung scared you, I tried to tell him that you did a great job but Mr. Paranoid over here panicked anyway." Mirae laughed as Jaehyun rolled his eyes while Doyoung quickly checked over Mark.

"Mark, are you okay? Any pain? And infection or permanent damage?"

"Pain, no. I mean I'm a bit sore but nothing too bad. As far as infection or permanent damage, you should probably ask Mirae, but she did a good job so I'd say I'm fine."

Doyoung turned to the girl, gratitude washing over his features as a smile pulled up the corners of his lips.

"Thank you, Mirae. I'm sorry that I wasn't here but I sure am glad that you were."

"No problem. I'm just glad I could help." She responded with a smile, handing him her clipboard with Mark's chart.

"There was no damage to any vital organs, just some standard muscle damage. The bullets were clean when I removed and his wounds have already been stitched up and are healing well. His body took well to the morphine and antibiotics I gave him, so the pain should be minimal and the infection nonexistent. I'd say he'll be able to train again, slowly and carefully of course, in about a week."

She finished her report with a smile, careful not to leave anything out as Doyoung scanned over Mark's chart. He nodded along as she spoke before placing the clipboard on his bedside table.

"You did a great job, Mirae, I couldn't have done better myself. It's good to know that there's another doctor on hand if necessary, thank you so much."

"Anytime. I'll get going now. Also, Taeyong told me to tell you, Mark, that there's a meeting tonight that he'd like for you to attend. I'll leave you to Doyoung."

With that she turned and walked out of the room, Jaehyun following behind her.

"So, you've got a brain up there in that cute head of yours, hmm?" He ruffled her hair playfully as the walked to the main room.