Epilogue

"Congratulations, smarty pants." Taeyong said as Mirae approached the guys. "Who knew my little sister would be valedictorian, hmm?"

"Thanks guys, and thanks for coming." She said, giving her brother a quick hug.

"Of course we'd come, how could we not come to celebrate 5 of our little dreamies graduating finally?" Jaehyun added, ruffling her hair.

"Oh please, we all know you guys just came for Mirae." Haechan groaned out, causing Yuta to smack him over the back of the head. "What? It's true..." Yuta just rolled his eyes.

"Congrats to all of you. We're very proud." The Japanese boy said with a smile. "Let's head home."

They all climbed into their different cars and headed home where there was a graduation party waiting for them. All of Mirae's friends were there as well as any and all of NCT's allies to congratulate them on their graduation.

Mirae was having a great time, reminiscing on her years at University with old friends and talking about the future. The one person that was missing was Mark. She'd seen him at her graduation but he disappeared once they got home.

"Hey, Jaem, have you seen Mark?" She asked her best friend, who was currently losing a rock, paper, scissors tournament.

"Nope, sorry Mimi, but he'll turn up eventually." He turned back to his game where he lost by throwing rock. Again.

She let out an annoyed huff, scanning the crowd for her boyfriend but not finding him anywhere.

"Looking for me?"

She spun around to see Mark smiling at her, holding his arms open for her to run into, which she obviously did.

"Where have you been?" She asked with a large smile on her face.

"Just... I want to show you something. Can I steal you away for a moment?"

"Of course."

She took his outstretched hand and let him lead her into the garden, gasping as she saw the setup. The normally beautiful garden was covered in fairy lights, candles lining the benches and cherry blossom petals decorating the floor. It looked stunning.

"What is all of this?"

"The party was getting a bit loud for me." Mark said, leading her over to a bench and taking a seat next to her. "And I wanted to be able to give you something without all the shouting."

She tilted her head curiously as he fished something out of his back pocket. He pulled out a small black box and opened it for her.

Inside was a small silver necklace in the shape of a heart. There was a tiny 'M' engraved on the back and a round, silver stone in the center.

"Oh Mark...."

"Hold it up to the light and look at the stone." He said with an encouraging nod, pointing to one of the lamps hanging near them.

With a slightly confused smile, she lifted the necklace to the light and leaned close to the necklace, seeing what looked like hundred of tiny words written on the inside of the stone.

"What does it say?" She asked, turning to look at him with a smile.

"Just a few of the reasons I love you." He replied, stroking the back of her hand with his thumb.

"A few?"

"There's too many for me to be able to fit them all." She blushed at how sweet he was being. "Can I put it on you?"

She nodded, handing him the box as he went to stand behind her, clasping the necklace around her neck. She picked it up, looking at the beautiful piece of jewelry with a smile.

"Thank you, I love it."

She stood up, turning to face him.

"Congrats on your graduation." He said, pulling her close to him and giving her a kiss. "What are you gonna do now?"

"I don't know and I don't care, as long as your there to do it with me."

He smiled at her, pulling her in for another long kiss, their bodies pressed tight against each other. Soft music started playing in the background, the pair pulling away from one another and swaying to the sound, holding each other close.

"I love you, Mirae."

"I love you, too."

From the edge of the garden, Jaemin smiled to himself, leaving the doors to the party wide open, casting one last look at the happy couple before heading back to the party.

- - -

And that's the end folks. I hope you enjoyed the story and the epilogue, it was so much fun to write and read all of your comments!
Thank you for supporting this story, and, shameless plug time, I have another book out! It's a Jaehyun High School dance-themed story so please go check that out if you're interested.
For any Stray Kids fans out there, I'll be releasing a Hyunjin-centered royalty story in the next few days, so keep an eye out for that!

As always, thank you so much for reading, it's an absolute pleasure to write for you guys, and I hope you'll consider checking out my new books!

Love you all,

Author Hyun