4

Naveah Amari Smith

It has been 9 months since the incident and Veah was still staying with the twins and their siblings

It has been 9 months since the incident and Veah was still staying with the twins and their siblings. In total there were four boys and three girls. The oldest being the twins, Jayden and Kayden, 18. Second oldest being a boy, Elijah, 15. Third being a girl, Kasey, 13 . Fourth being another girl, Normani, 9. The last two being twins, Amira and Amir, 6. They were sure they had more siblings out there because their dad was a busy body but all of them shared the same mom and dad. Their mother died when the youngest set of twins turned two and that was really devastating for the whole family. Their dad left when Amira and Amir turned two. And that hit all of them very hard. Luckily the house was paid for but they still had to eat and pay utilities. The twins went out and got money the fastest way they knew how to, the dealing way.

"Auntie Veah, I had a bad dream," Amira said as she walked into Veah's room.

Veah and all of the kids have gotten closer over the last 9 months. When she first got there, they were respectful but were cautious, considering what they've been through. Once they started opening up, the younger twins decided to start calling her auntie Veah and and clinging to her more. All of them clinched to her, she was the mother figure they lost. But if their mother was there, she would've took Veah right under her wing like she was her own.

"Come on in," Veah said as she pulled the comforter back, letting Mira climb the bed.

Once Mira laid down, she cuddles up close to Veah and soon fell asleep. Veah didn't go to sleep until she knew Mira was sound asleep.

This wasn't the first time Mira had a bad dream. It became more of a routine now. It wasn't any crazy dream, Mira just stayed up with her older siblings watching a scary movie, knowing that she wouldn't be able to sleep that night. She wouldn't of watched it, if mani didn't call her scary. I mean sis is only six.

~

Later that morning, Veah woke up and started her morning routine in the bathroom. When she was finished, she walked back into her room to see Mira was still sleep. She left her there, they didn't have school, it was the summer.

Veah made her way down the stairs and went to the kitchen to get breakfast started. Her phone rung indicating she had a incoming FaceTime call.

"Cap 🤞🏾💛" is FaceTiming you

Veah answered of course. These two have gotten close as well over the course of these 9 months. They talked everyday and sometimes up to three times a day. He took her to work, brought her lunch sometimes. Kept her company, if he want out there running the block. He also took her home once she got off. Whenever they needed one another, the other was always there.

"Hey," Veah said

"Hey baby, I'm on my way," He responded

Even though they weren't together...yet. He loved calling her baby and he especially loved seeing her smile every time he did.

"Okay, make sure you be safe. I'm cooking so the food will be done by that time you get here," Veah said smiling at the camera

*photo was taken*

"Caaaap, mmcht," Veah complained

"Yeah yeah, I do it all the time. I'm surprised you aren't used to it. My baby just look so beautiful," Cap said smiling at the phone.

*photo was taken*

"Veah baby," Cap said as he straight faced her

"Now you see how it feels," Veah teased

"Okay. I'm almost there see you when I make it. Always," Cap said as he lifted up his pinky

"Always," Veah said as she also lifted up her pinky

And with that, the FaceTime ended.

"I don't know why y'all won't just get together already," Jayden said as he sat down at the table

"We're going through friendship first," Veah said

"Yeah yeah I know," Jayden said waving her off

"See yeah cause no, you talking like cap now," veah said shaking her head

Once breakfast was finished she went to the kids room as to tell them. The last room she made it to was hers.

"Amira baby come eat," Veah said as she shook amira

"Okay, can I hold you hand when we walk to the kitchen?," Amira asked

"Of course," Veah said

Amira showed her affection through touching. She loves hugs and holding hands. I guess you could say her love language was physical touch.

When Amira was done doing her business in the bathroom, they headed down the stairs, hand in hand of course, and went to the table to eat.

Five minutes later, Cap walked through the door and joined them, after washing his hands of course.