Chapter 2: Reveal

A/N: Lots of the information is made up, I try to be as accurate as I can but I bend a few rules so it fits my story. Legal age to work in the hospital: 18
Disclaimer: picture below does not belong to me, I only edited

Today was April fools day, April 1st. Jaylin was walking back home from the groceries. Her hands were full because she was re-stocking her supplies till next month.

3 men were following her. She didn't really care what would happen to her, but she did care if someone else got involved in her mess or if she wasted hard-earned money. As she was walking, the footsteps behind her stopped. Turning around she didn't find anyone, looking more closely she saw an alley, then a high pitched scream. They had to involve an innocent woman that didn't have any relation to them, either of them. Pulling her leather jacket's hood over her head covering her eyes, she walked into the entrance of the alley. As expected three men were towering over a woman.

Jaylin sighed and said, it would be obvious she sounded like she was complaining, "can you be more original?"

Jaylin looked up to the sky as if was giving up, she saw a masked figure. Turning her attention back to the men in front of her the first man spoke, "You're not a bat. What do you want, girly? Play hero?" The man around him laughed.

"Yeah, yeah," the figures jumped down and stood behind the three-man in front of the lady, she barely held a squeal. "And I would totally gang up on a single woman because I am that feeble," she mocked.

All three mans' faces were red with anger or embarrassment, probably both. The leader shouted, "get her!"

They were interrupted by the dark figure appearing behind them and starting to fight them. "Shit! It's Nightwing!"

So his name is Nightwing, Jaylin bowed and said "ladies and gentlemen, distractions are done. Adios." She waved and walked away, unaware she caught the vigilante's attention.

Turning around she returned home which was a few steps away, which caused the bat to follow her. "What?" She asked irritated at the man following her home.

She rapidly turned around to be met face to face with Nightwing the vigilante, she inspected his posture, facial features, etc. her previous unannounced suspicion grew. "Look, I just want to say it was brave for you to stand up to that woman," Jaylin nodded her head in appreciation. "But, please leave that job to us. We don't want a civilian to get hurt."

Feeling offended, Jaylin stated her voice was full of venom "I can take care of myself. Thank you, Nightwing." With that, she went through the door into her apartment building while shutting the door straight infringe of Nightwing's face.

Nightwing was left dumbfounded outside an apartment building. Not sure what to do, Nightwing called the police and alerted them of muggers outside in the alley. Once the police arrived, Nightwing left to go home.

Jaylin sat on her bed, her bad mood came over. Meowing could be heard, Jaylin looked to her left to the fire escape window, Midnight sat there patiently using her paws to tap the window. The human sighed and walked over to open the window, letting the cat in. Midnight walked over to her bed, jumped on it she got comfortable.

 Midnight walked over to her bed, jumped on it she got comfortable