Chapter 3 - The Grind

I nearly jumped out of my skin at the sudden intrusion! Magnus comes bursting through the door without knocking. His Goliath build makes him a lot taller and way more muscular than he has any right to be. His red hair is slicked back to reveal his dumb perfectly chiseled face where his dumb smirk can be seen underneath his dumb beard and mustache combo.

"Hey! You idiot, can't you see I was about to log out?!" I say covering up my half naked body. I quickly re-equip my gear, so that I'm decent once again.

"Log out? For what, man? It's not even that late for you yet." He says a bit disappointed. "Plus, you said you'd let me know when you hopped online, but you know what I got instead?" I wait for his dramatic conclusion. "Nothing! I just so happened to see you were online and in town just a few minutes ago, so I fast traveled all the way here just to see you."

"So you figured it would be appropriate to barge into my room and comment on the default boxers?" He nods, content with himself.

"Payback for forgetting about me." I shake my head in response to his childish attitude.

"Well, I'm sorry. I was trying to figure out how to play this class I chose and had to fight a few things to figure it out." I say as I allot my stat points from leveling up again. "I haven't gotten the hang of it just yet, but I'll get there eventually." I say, sitting back on the bed after my points have been allocated.

Magnus raises a brow and asks to see my status window.

Player Status: Cyrus
Class: Jester
19/19
Level: 3
P. Attack: 7
M. Attack: 5
Vitality: 5
Dexterity: 10
Agility: 7
P. Defense: 8
M. Defense: 6
Luck: 11

Stat Points Available: 0

"Jester? Can't say I've heard of it, and I've watched a lot of guide videos on the various classes." I shake my head again.

"That's the thing, no one except me plays the class." His eyes widen at the news.

"Wait, no one? That's impossible. The class selection is broad, but there's no way zero players have played it. What about beta test runs?" I shrug. "I'll do some digging for ya, if you want? I can report back tomorrow with what I find." He says like a child about to barter for candy.

I raise a brow. "A curious proposal... what do you want in return?" One thing about Magnus: he always wants something in return.

As if on queue, he smirks. "How about a friendly duel?" Okay, two things about Magnus: he always wants something in return and it always has something to do with PvP.

"Aren't you like level 46 and in one of the top ranked guilds right now?" He stands a bit taller, resembling a proud dog.

"We're actually rank 14 now!" I pinch the bridge of my nose.

"So you'll stomp me into the ground is what I'm hearing?" He shakes his head and holds his arms up in an 'X'.

"Nonsense! Besides, I don't know anything about your class. It makes me even more excited to see what you can do!" I grumble a bit and raise my hands in surrender.

"Alright, I'll do it, just let me know what you find out." He salutes and shouts.

"Roger that!" Before I lay down on the bed and log out. My surroundings slowly fade to black and I'm back to sitting in my desk chair with my Z-Station headset on.

I take off the headset and look at the time on my desktop screen.

9:47pm.

Geez, what is Magnus's idea of "late"? I let out a big stretch, the soreness in my arms and legs from running around and fighting in-game can still be felt as I do so. "Good thing I went to an inn and got the 'relaxed' status, or else  would've logged out and caught several cramps." My stomach growls, so I stand and leave my room, going downstairs for something to eat.