part four

It's been a few hours since Ace and Sage have left. I called my friend over, violet I just need to talk to her about this situation. I want to be Sage's nanny, but Ace is holding that back. He runs a mafia, he kills people, I can't just let that go so easily. What if I were to make him mad? Would he hurt me?

        I feel like I should just talk to a person I trust most. I was taken out of my thoughts when I heard a banging on the door. I swear that girl can wait for shit. I quickly opened the door to be faced with my best friend. "Hey, Violet!" I said enthusiastically. "Hey! It feels like we haven't talked in years." She said slightly laughing. I stepped out of the way to let her in.

           We made our way to the couch, where the TV was already playing. "Hey so uh, we need to talk-" I started, but was cut off. "I swear if you're pregnant." She said in a threatening tone. "What? No, no I'm not pregnant. But this does have to do with kids." I paused wanting to see her reaction. "Go on...." she replied suspiciously.

           "So the other day, I was at work, and someone has accidentally left their baby." I was cut off again. "Oh my god, how does that happen!" She interrupted. "If you don't shut up. Anyways I had taken care of it for an hour or two, waiting for his parents to realize what they did. But I wasn't expecting the baby to get attached. Anyways he was very upset when he had to go, but I didn't think anything of it."

         I stopped for a second taking a breather. "Anyways, what I didn't expect was to find the man whose name is Ace and his son Sage, you know the baby were talking about, to show up at my door, later that day. I know super weird, and stalkerish. But I let them in because Sage was screaming crying, and missed me or something. I let them stay over for the night a lot of things happened and I found out Ace is in the mafia. Like serious mafia. Like a wanted criminal, mafia. Anyways he wants me to be Sage's nanny. And I don't know what to do. I want to do it for Sage, but I don't want to get involved with Ace, because that put me in danger. Like I want to be there for Sage and accept the job, but I don't know if I can. I just don't know what to do. So I need you to help me decide what I'm going to do." I said, releasing a deep breath. All that talking gets me worked up.

         Violet was just looking at me wide-eyed, "Wait let me get this right. You, Athena Grey, got yourself in a situation, where a MAFIA leader, wants you to take care of his kid, that you got attached to." She said repeating what she got from what I said. "I mean when you put it like that..." I said looking anywhere but her eyes. "I feel like you should look for other jobs before actually accepting. We have to remember, if you start working for him, his work is very dangerous, he is the leader of a mafia. You have to make sure this is really what you want. You are now a target. Probably more than his men, because you take care of the one thing, he cares about. That he loves, that's not easy." She said making sure I understood the risks.

        "I know, but Sage is just such a good kid. I feel like it's my job to make sure he grows up In a good environment. Ace told me, that no one in his house knows how to take care of him, and I know he can hire a new nanny, but the one before me left him in a fucking bakery. I just want him to grow up in a good place where he is cared for and loved. His dad is always at work, and his men don't give a fuck about Sage. I just don't want another kid to grow up in a house like me. I feel like it's my job, I don't know this all has happened way too quick." I said putting my head in my hands. This is super weird. I have never felt for a baby like this. I know it seems way too quick, but I can't help it.

          "Wow. That's a lot, Athena. I feel like you should think about this a little more. You just met the kid yesterday. There are plenty of other nanny jobs, if you want to take care of a kid that much, there's always that option. I feel that you should contact Ace and ask to meet and talk this over. Don't go jumping for just to any job. I promise Sage is okay, for a few more days. I want you to think this through. The mafia isn't just any old job, it's dangerous, and it gets messy. You are going to be in danger, but if you're one hundred percent sure, about wanting to take care of Sage, or whatever I feel you should take it. Ace is going to protect you, you're taking care of his kid, of course, he going to protect you. But like I've said, really think about this decision." She said.