part fourteen

*Aces POV*

Athena and I just got home from our date. After the whole Britney situation, we got ice cream and walked around New York, making conversation, I learned about her childhood, as she learned about mine. But we also talked about lighter subjects such as our friends, and our favourite foods.

It's weird I just want to learn every little thing about Athena. Everything, the bad and good, the ugly the pretty. I want to ask Athena to be mine, but I don't want to rush her into anything. Currently Sage and Athena are in the living room, playing and watching TV. I'm in my office trying to finish up my work, but it's proven to be difficult without Athena here.

        I've tried, to focus but I can't. Maybe if I work in the living room with them it would help me focus. I stood up from my desk, grabbing my laptop, walking out of my office. I made my way to the living room, I walked in and saw Athena watching some movie, with sage asleep on her chest. She was rubbing his back. Her full attention was on the movie she didn't realize I was there. I just walked to the couch, right next to them plopping down.

           When she felt the couch movie, she jumped and quickly looked over. When she saw me she let out a breath of relief. She playfully hit my chest. "Don't do that." She said with a laugh. I just laughed back and kicked my legs up on her lap, and opened my laptop, trying to get work done. Surprisingly it worked. Athena was now on her second movie. I would look up at her so often.

       Of course, she was too concentrate on the movie to notice. She looked so beautiful, even when she doesn't try, she looks gorgeous. This morning, I woke up to the best sight. Athena was cuddling me, with her hair was all in my face, but I would rather wake up like that, than any other way.

           I just finished the last shipment order. I closed my laptop, moving my feet off of Athena, moving closer to her, I was right next to her, I put my arm around her. She placed her head on my shoulder and cuddled into the side of me. Sage was still asleep on her. She was still rubbing his back, and occasionally giving him kisses on his temple.

        To think this all started with her being Sage nanny is unbelievable to me. I just have to thank the universe, that Sage's old nanny decided to go to Athenas bakery. Of course, her leaving him there was unacceptable, but it leads me to my Athena. At this point, I wasn't even paying attention to the movie. My mind was on Athena.

           I want to ask her out. And I think I have the perfect place in mind. It's not some big fancy restaurant or anything. It's where she asked me out, and I happened to realized I fell in love. But like I've said I don't want to rush her. I want her to feel comfortable, I don't want to go too fast, I can't afford to lose Athena. She's the only one who makes me feel sane, in my fucked up world.

        The only one I can be myself around, the only one who has cared for Sage like he was her own.

               *Athenas POV*

          I'm not even really want to watch this movie. With Ace so close I can't focus on anything but, how perfect he is. In every way. I know he has his moments, but so do I. I think when you have to do the same shit he does, you would have your moments too. I just don't know how I got so lucky.

He's perfect. I know he's the Don of the Italian mafia, and that scares me, trust me it does, but I'm willing to do anything just to be with him. I think I'm falling in love. My feelings for him go beyond just feelings. They're more than feelings, way more. I want Ace in every way possible, I want his good his bad, I want all of it.

But what if he doesn't love me back? What if he doesn't want me? What if he throws me out? Ace wouldn't do that. At least I hope. I know usually the men ask, but I want to ask him to be my boyfriend. I think I'm ready for that. But I want it to be special. Hell, I'm nervous just thinking about it. What if he says no? I don't know what I will do. I don't think I could leave. That would break me. Seriously I would be broken.