34. Angels and Demons...

This was not what she had expected. Lilly stood there. Stunned as her feet froze to the ground.

"No...no," he repeated shaking his head in denial. ''You are just confused. This...this thing...this decoration and everything," he walked to her and held her from her shoulders as he looked into her eyes hoping to get his point through her head.
''It was nothing. Ok? It was just a date and nothing else. Nothing more than that. Don't confuse yourself."

"Ashton, this decoration or date has nothing to do with my confession. I said what I feel and-"

"No." Ashton interrupted again shaking her slightly as if trying to get some sense into her. "Why are you so confused? Look, there is nothing like that. There is nothing like the love that exists in this world. Humans cannot and should not love. Do you understand that?"

He emphasized but she too was now not going to give in so easily. She was not going to let him call her feelings and her love a lie. She wasn't going to bow down to him when he was calling her love a delusion.

" Ashton," she said as she stretched her hand to touch his cheek but he took a step back. Denying her touch. The same touch he used to long for, he was denying it today. She felt as if someone had just stabbed in her heart.

She looked into his eyes which clearly stated 'Do not come near me. Do not touch me.'
And that expression in his eyes pained her even more.

"We are leaving right now." He announced as he walked into the house and headed towards the door.

"Stop, Ashton! You are not leaving." She ran after him. "You are not leaving this place especially after a fight like this. I want to resolve it. Right here. Right now."

"I don't want to. There is nothing to talk about," he said as he crossed the living room.

"Alright. When you would reach home with this tension between us what would you say to Grace? How will you explain it to her about what exactly went wrong."  she asked and that made him stop.

He turned to look at her as he ran a frustrated hand through his hair.
"What do you want?"

She could sense the anger emanating from his body.
" I didn't say that I love you just to hear it back. I said it because that's how I feel about you."

"Then don't feel anything about me! Please." he almost shouted. "I beg you. Alright?" he knew his temper was getting out of control and this wasn't good.

She stood there staring at him. Not sure where all this was going. Weren't they enjoying a loving dinner a few minutes ago then what exactly went wrong that it all came to this? She just couldn't understand how and where things went out of control.

A tear rolled down her cheek as a sob left her mouth. She tried to hold those tears which were glistening in her eyes as she looked at him.

Looking at those glistening eyes Ashton turned his back to her as he held the doorknob in his hand ready to open the door and leave.
" I am leaving."

"I will not set a foot out of this place," she announced and he stopped in his movements of opening the door.

He took a deep breath to calm his anger. This woman was testing his patience now.
"Look, Lilly." he turned around to look at her and the words he was about to say deserted him as he saw the determination in her eyes.

She brought one hand to the shoulder strap of her dress and pulled it down. Repeating the same with the other shoulder strap she pulled down the chain at the back of the dress.

Ashton just stood there and watched her every move. His anger was now replaced with astonishment and subdued by pure mad lust as the silk fabric slid down her beautiful curves and pooled at her feet.