23.

"It's about us." I said, emphasis on the last word. I didn't know what I was going to do yet, but I knew he had to know. Just in case I was right.

"What? I don't understand, Ryleigh." He said, stepping closer and grabbing my hand. I sighed, cupping his face in my hands. Then, a thought came to mind.

"Remington, be quiet." I said. He went to speak, but I put my finger to his lips, shutting him up. He sighed and rolled his eyes. "Remington, just listen. Use your wolfey ears."

I dropped my hand from his face so he could concentrate. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes. I waited a second, before his eyes snapped open and he sucked in a breath.

Was he mad?

He stepped closer to me, looking down at my stomach.

"Remington?" I asked, trying to gauge his reaction.

"I-I can hear it." He breathed, his eyes staying on my stomach. I wish I knew what he was thinking. It was killing me.

"Remington," I tried again and his eyes snapped up to mine. I couldn't see what was in them. I couldn't read him.

He leant down and pressed his ear up against my stomach. He listened for a second and then stood back up.

In less than a second his arms were wrapped around me and I was spinning in the air. I was laughing and giggling before he set me down, a huge grin on his face.

"I-I'm sorry, but... Wait, no, I'm not sorry." He said then, peppering kisses all over my face. I laughed, shaking my head at him.

"Remington," I whined, pulling away from him. He looked confused, like he couldn't quite comprehend why I was so distraught.

"What? What's wrong?" He asked, looking down at my stomach and smiling again.

"Remi, I'm not even eighteen. I'm in high school." I said and he looked up at me and gave me a look. One that said 'see how much I care'.

"Ryleigh, you turn eighteen in a month and you graduate in two. Nobody will even know by then. Besides, I hope it's a boy. A little alpha-to-be." He said, crouching down by my stomach and listening again. I couldn't help but smile at the sight. It was kind of cute how he reacted. I didn't expect him to be so excited. I kind of expected him to freak out and run.

"I'm scared, Remi." I whispered and he looked up at me. He gave me a reassuring smile and wrapped his arms around my waist. He pulled me into his chest and I laid my head against him. He kissed my forehead and then held me in his arms.

It made me feel like I was safe, like I didn't have a thing to worry about.

"Ryleigh, I'm not going anywhere. I'm right here. Besides, if we were a normal werewolf couple, We would've been together sooner and probably have already had a whole litter." He shrugged and I laughed, shaking my head. I pulled away and he wiped my tears. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad. I mean, it would be hard, and I don't know how I'm going to do it.

But at least I had him to do it with me. I didn't have to do it alone.

"I hope it's a girl. I don't need another you running around, the ego you've got." I said and he squinted his eyes at me.

"Excuse me? Ego? I don't have a big ego." He protested and I smiled, shaking my head.

He reached his hands out and started attacking me, tickling me. I bursted out laughing, backing away. I ended up backing myself into his car.

"Hm, where are you gonna go now? Hm?" He asked teasingly, a smirk on his face.

"Remington, please!" I called out, laughing loudly.

"Not until you apologize." He challenged and I struggled to breath.

"Fine, fine. I'm sorry!" I yelled and he shook his head.

"Nope, I'm sorry, Alpha." He said and I rolled my eyes, his fingers teasing at my sides. I decided to play a different card. I looked down and pulled at my shirt a bit, exposing a bit of cleavage.

"I am so very, very sorry, Remi." I teased, batting my eyelashes and pouring my bottom lip. His eyes were flashing between gold and brown. I knew I'd had him. "Forgive me?"

"Fuck."

Fuck indeed.
---
I sighed, pulling my clothes on and strapping my seat belt. Remington turned to me and smiled, already dressed. Then he looked down at my stomach. He leaned over and placed a warm kiss where my midriff showed. I smiled, a warm sensation spreading through my whole body.

He started the car and pulled out of the school parking lot. He reached for my hand and squeezed it. When he saw the nails marks, he frowned.

"I should've killed that guy." He grumbled under his breath, probably hoping I didn't hear him.

"Um, false. Very false." I muttered, shaking my head at him. Remington was fuming the rest of the ride. I sat quietly in the passenger seat.

I tried to process everything that had happened over these past few months. From the day Remington strolled into this town like he owned it, my life had been different. Even before I knew why, I was immediately drawn to him.

I hadn't fully had time to process one thing before the next happened. My life had turned into a whirlwind of never ending surprises. I wandered what more were to come.

Would there be more? Would I be scared to face them? How much crazier could my life get? What if something happened to Remington? What if one day he decided I was too much and left?

Would I be able to do anything without him? Would I have to? There was no way to tell what was coming, or what I would do when it happened.

But at least I had him beside me. I had Maria. I had Kian. I had Oliver. I had Grace. I had Isaiah. Now I have one more.

I looked down at my stomach. For some reason, I wasn't afraid for this. I already loved him or her, small little bean growing inside me. I already had the sense to protect if from whatever would come my way.

There was no way I was letting it go. No matter what.