Chapter XX "What Could Have Been" (ALT ENDING)

Almost an hour has passed since you blacked out, the ray of light was slowly fading and so was the numbness of your body.

When you felt a surface on your back, You gasped for air as you sat up.

You noticed something peculiar...It was the fact that you were able to sit on the ground without cracking your spine.

Out of curiosity, you towered over a small puddle nearby to use as a mirror.

Your wrinkles and snow-white hair were gone.

"I look the same when I left Anthony...But speaking of Anthony, is my bracelet here?!" You gasped to yourself

You took a breath of relief when you felt the bracelet on your right arm.

"Thank goodness, now where in the world am I?"

"Well you're in hell, my dear!!" said a radio voice

You whipped your head around to see a 7 ft tall guy with light grey skin and sharp yellow teeth, he had red hair and deer ears. He looked like a humanoid version of a creature they call a wendigo.

"H-Hello Mr....?"

"Alastor!" He continued a bit too loud and enthusiastically causing you to slightly jump "Pleasure to be meeting you and you are?"

"Y/N, Anyways could you maybe show me around here?" You ask trying to make eye contact with him

"Why of course!" And with that, he wraps his arm around your shoulders just like Anthony used to...Then teleported you somewhere.

-

"I have returned! And I brought an associate with me!" Alastor boomed through the halls of the hotel

A short snow white-haired girl with a bow on her head appeared and she did not look quite joyful seeing you and Alastor.

"Alastor you can't just bring random demons here!" She scolded

A cute blondie walks up and pecked her on the cheek, calming her down. (I ship Chaggie so much)

"Now calm down Vaggie, I'm sure Al's just trying to help" She reasoned with her

Vaggie exhaled and simply muttered a 'fine' before walking off.

Charlie runs to you and engulfed you in a hug "Welcome to the Happy Hotel, I'm Charlie and YOU'RE GONNA LOVE IT HERE!"

You gently pushed her away and gave her an awkward grin "I hope so"

With that, Charlie began to dragging you around the hotel and introducing you to people.

"That's Husk!" said Charlie, pointing at a drunken winged cat sitting by the bar

I gave Husk a small wave and he slightly raised his beer bottle back.

"This right here is-"

"HI I'M NIFFTY!" A petite one-eyed lady jumped in front of you

"I'm Y/N" You answered shyly

Charlie began to explain how the hotel processes but you were too distracted by the person behind her.

It was a tall spider like creature, they were wearing a white suit with pink stripes which was slightly open because of the fluff peeking out of his chest.

"H-Hi" You quietly greeted, catching their attention

The spider took one glance at you and immediately dropped the glass he was holding.

"Y/N?! OH MY FUCKING GOD" He charged towards you and pulled you into a tight hug

You stood still, confused as ever while they hugged and cried into your shoulder.

Charlie awkwardly cut in asking if you two know each other but you couldn't find an answer.

After about a minute, Angel pulled away. You gazed into each other's eyes and you noticed something traumatizing yet nostalgic.

It was the shape of Angel's eyes, they were glossy and mysterious like Anthony's except it was dark and covered with an eye patch.

You remembered that day like it was yesterday, How Anthony risked getting shot in the eye to protect you.

Angel and everyone else surrounded you, waiting for your answer.

Could Angel be the same man you fell in love with? The same Anthony who used to sneak you out when you were a servant in the 30's or could this be a coincidence and Angel mistaken you for someone else?

"Anthony...Is it really you?" You whispered but loud enough for him to hear

Without hesitation, Angel pulled you into a deep and longing kiss. You were shocked for a second but you eagerly kissed back.

Everyone in the background including Vaggie and Husk were surprised but they cheered you on.

Meanwhile, Alastor wasn't surprised at all.

"I knew it" He smiled to himself
-

1933

Young Anthony was running late today to his little 'date' with Y/N.

"Fuck! If I hadn't showered for an hour I would've been with them right now" Just then a man walks out from a corner, unbeknownst to Anthony

The two men collided on the concrete streets.

"I'm so sorry, young one" The man said sincerely as he got up from the floor

Anthony dusted his knees angrily "Watch where you're goi- WAIT! I recognize that voice! Are you perhaps a radio host?"

The man chuckled lightheartedly and shook Anthony's hand "I am! Alastor's the name and you?"

Anthony was about to answer his name but then he remembered Y/N.

"Crap i'm late for the date! It was nice meeting you sir but i have to go" Anthony quickly waved before proceeding to run

"Whoever he's running to, they're a lucky person...Hopefully, their love will last forever"

-

Alastor smiled warmly at the memory and the reunited couple who were crying into each other's arms.