14

Isabella and Klaus made their way to the Mystic Grill.

When she saw Damon and Elena, she grabbed his hand.

They walked up to them, "Don't mind us." Klaus said which caused Damon and Elena's attention on them.

"Klaus." Elena said.

"Gonna do this in the Grill? In front of everyone? A little beneath you, don't you think?" Damon said.

"I don't know what you're talking about. Me and my brother just came here for some lunch." Isabella said.

"Surprised you stuck around long enough." Damon said.

"Our sister seems to be missing. Need to sort that out." Klaus said.

"Cute, blonde bombshell, psycho? Shouldn't be too hard to find." Damon said.

"The truth is, I've grown to like your little town. Thinking we might fancy a home here. I imagine you're wondering, how does this affect you? The answer is, not in the slightest. As long as I get what I want and everybody behaves themselves then you can go on living your little lives how you choose." He turned and faced Elena, "You have my word."

"What more could you possibly want?" Elena asked.

"Well, for starters you can tell me where I might find Stefan." Klaus asked Elena.

"Stefan skipped town the second he saved your ass." Damon said.

"Well, you see, that is a shame. Your brother stole from me. I need him found so I can take back what's mine."

"That sounds like a Klaus-and-Stefan problem." Elena said.

Klaus stepped forwards towards Elena but Damon stepped in front of her, pushing him back.

Klaus started laughing.

"Well, this is me broadening the scope, sweetheart." Klaus said to Elena.

Klaus strengthened his grip on Isabella's hand and they walked out.

**

Klaus gave the choice to Isabella, if she wanted to stay by herself in the hotel or go with him to speak to Damon.

She obviously chose to go with him.

They walked in the Salvatore house and saw Damon pouring himself a drink.

"I think it's about time we had a drink, don't you?" Klaus said.

"I'd say we were overdue." Damon said.

Isabella walked past them and lay on the couch.

"You've been so busy what with all your plotting and scheming." Klaus said.

"You know me. Never miss a chance to plan an epic failure."

"Don't be so hard on yourself. Who could of guessed your own brother would betray you?"

"Well, I did have a front row seat when your sister lured you back to Mystic Falls without her even knowing it, that was just as fun."

"Yeah, well I don't blame her. About my other sister, you say you have no idea of her whereabouts?"

"That's the things with younger siblings. You just never know what they're gonna do. Drink?"

"I'll have one." Isabella tried to reach for the alcohol but Klaus slapped her hand away. She frowned and lay back on the couch.

Damon poured Klaus a drink and gave it to him. "Cheers, mate."

"Down the hatch."

"You know, we've actually got a lot in common, you and I." Klaus said.

"Really? Well, yeah maybe we can bond over our mutual loathing of my brother. Why are you so mad at him? He stole something?"

"Our family, the Originals. I had them daggered, boxed up, awaiting the day when I saw fit to wake them. And he went in and pinched the bloody lot."

"Of course he did. Ah, such a buzz-kill, my baby bro. Well, I'd love to find him. Trouble is, I sure as hell don't work for you."

"You know, your drink stinks of vervain. So I can't compel you. There be no point killing you, you're the one with the most hope of getting what I need. And yet, it seems a demonstration is in order. Perhaps I wasn't clear enough when I told you to find Stefan. Oh, well. It seems you people respond best to displays of violence. Why don't you take this as an example of my reach?" Klaus said and took his phone out his pocket and called someone, "there he is. So that thing I told you to do. Why don't you go ahead and get on with it?"

Klaus drank the rest of his drink, put it down and turned around, "come on then, sweetheart." He held his hand out and Isabell took it and they walked out the house.

"Who did you call?" Isabella asked.

"Elena's brother." Klaus said.

"Is he gonna die?"

"Depends. Let's just go to the mansion." Klaus said and they sped away.

**

Isabella was sitting on a table, playing on her phone.

Klaus came in with one of his hybrids, Mindy.

"Compel the men to open up this wall. We need sun. I want a fortress, not a dungeon." Klaus said and Tyler entered, "there he is, man of the hour."

Isabella put her phone away and watched.

"So everything went okay?" Tyler asked.

"Tony ran down Alaric instead of Jeremy but apples, oranges. Message lands the same." Klaus said.

"Is that the one who body you used?" Isabella asked.

"Yeah." Klaus said.

"You said you were sending a warning." Tyler said.

"And I did, an effective one. Elena's family suffers, she's motivated to get me what I want."

"I didn't think we'd actually have to kill anyone."

"Tyler, mate, what you're feeling is the remnant of a guilty conscience. I need you to get over it, okay? End of the day, human life is just a means to and end. Our means to our end. You'd do well to remember that." Klaus said and walked out the room.

"Wait for me!" Isabella shouted and followed him. "We doing anything today?"

"I might, you might not." He smiled.

Isabella frowned, "rude." She said and walked over to her room, laying in her bed.

**

A few hours later, Isabella heard Klaus come back so she went to where she heard him.

She walked through the door and saw Rebekah laying on the table.

"Bex? What happened?" Isabella asked.

"Elena gave me her after she daggered her." Klaus said as he picked up the dagger again.

"What are you doing?"

"She knows too much." Klaus said and Isabella furrowed her eyebrows.

"That you killed mother?"

Klaus stopped and looked at her, "you knew?"

"Yeah. Just before you came back into town."

"You don't hate me?"

Isabella shrugged, "I don't want to lose you and it was a thousand years ago."

Klaus smiled at her but drove the dagger through Rebekah's heart again.

Isabella sped over to Klaus and hugged him as he hugged her back.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you, too."