30

"Sister! You are still here."

Isabella's eyes fluttered open as she rolled around to face the door to her bedroom.

"Nik?" She mumbled.

Klaus stood at her door, leaning against the door frame, watching her.

"What are you doing back?" She asked him, sitting up on her bed.

"One of my hybrids got attacked. They're a dying breed so I came back to protect him." Klaus said.

She rolled her eyes, sending him a death glare, "oh, so you didn't come back for your family? To perhaps say sorry?"

He crossed his arms, "I have nothing to say sorry about. Rebekah ruined my one chance at having hybrids."

She finally stood up and started to file through her drawers for clothes, "why can you never take responsibility for your dumb actions, Niklaus? Maybe you could say sorry about saving Caroline over us."

He looked at her for a bit longer before responding, "sister, you cannot die. I knew yous would be fine. I only had time to save one so I chose the one person who could actually die."

"Thomas could of. He's not immortal like us!" She yelled, walking closer to her brother.

He pushed off the door frame and took a step towards his sister, "I don't know if you've realised this yet or not. But I don't like him."

"Why not? You have never had a proper conversation with him!"

"Because you are infatuated with him! I don't trust him because if he does something then it will be you that gets hurt! I have hardly seen you two apart since he came back."

"Because that's all I know, Niklaus!" She yelled, raising her hands in exasperation, "I have been with him for the better part of everyday for the past a thousand years. Not you, not Rebekah, not Elijah, not Kol. Thomas! Thomas has been there. I know that it is not anyone fault apart from mothers but it is the truth. Obviously we're going to want to be near each other because that's all we've ever done. He's the only person I was able to speak to. Can you not get that through your head?"

Klaus stood still. He hadn't thought of it like that before.

"You're right." He quietly said.

Isabella reeled back, her eyes widening, "what?"

"You're right. I'm sorry." He admitted.

She raised an eyebrow, looking at her brother weirdly. He actually apologised?

"Okay." She nodded her head, "then I've got to tell you something."

He frowned slightly, "what is it?"

"The five." She simply said.

Klaus's shoulders tensed, "what about them?"

"I'm assuming you remember them, right? Seeing as you spent 50 years in agony." She said, smiling slightly.

"Spit it out, Izzy."

She rolled her eyes, he's no fun, "I don't know why, so don't ask me how, but I'm pretty certain there is one in Mystic Falls."

"That's not possible. I wiped them out centuries ago."

"The Gilbert boy mentioned a tattoo. I couldn't see any tattoo. The last time I remember seeing a hunter with a distinct tattoo was the Five."

"Why the Gilbert boy?" He asked.

"I don't know." She shrugged.

"I'll go and find out some stuff. I need to stop at the Lockwood house first, though." He said. Isabella nodded and then Klaus left.