9

The morning was not a pleasant one, as the girls and I were woken up by our friends barging into our room and insisting we wake up since we were late for breakfast. Sasha was miraculously fine, Mikasa went to throw up with her help, and I still felt drunk from the previous night but my head was beginning to pound. The meal was eaten in a very groggy way since we were all extremely hungover and only on a few hours sleep. I regained some energy from getting food into my system and felt even better after drinking lots of water.

"What are you going to do now? Captain Levi knows you like him," Jean asked as we sat opposite each other at the table during breakfast. I was very thankful for the bread being served as it made me feel a lot better.

"Don't remind me," I groaned, stuffing a chunk of a roll into my mouth. To say that I was embarrassed would be an understatement. Some of the things that Captain Levi heard come out of my mouth were unacceptable and must have made me look so stupid. "I'm just going to see how it goes, not much else I can do. The damage is already done."

Mikasa, Sasha and I were getting some strange looks while in the cafeteria, but it was no surprise. We definitely pissed off a lot of people with how loud we were the previous night.

We finished up our food and headed to our rooms, getting dressed up in casual clothing and putting on a dash of makeup. Since it was the weekend we had the day off and it was the norm that on the first Sunday of each month, carriages would drop by the cadet training centre and take everyone to and from the nearest city. Our facility was far enough from any populated area that walking there would take too long, which was why this system was still set up as a way for us to do any shopping or carry out visits. We were allowed to go into the city whenever we wanted, even on one of the horses, but most people just waited for the carriages, especially since most things we needed were always here. However, it was a nice treat to go out on once a month and everyone looked forward to it.

The three of us girls stepped out of our room and headed outside, finding an empty carriage that no one was using yet. We were about to start boarding it when a stern voice came from behind us.

"What do you three think you're doing?" Captain Levi had approached us, probably having had waited for us outside to be able to talk to us easily. He wore a fitted blue button-up shirt, which went well with his eyes, and black trousers. "You seriously think you have permission to go into the town after what you did last night?"

Turning around, my eyes were glued to the floor and my cheeks ablaze. I had no idea how I was even going to talk to Levi following what happened. He must have thought so lowly of me at that point; the way I had acted under the influence of the alcohol was so childish. I genuinely could not bring myself to even lift my head up.

"No way!" Sasha exclaimed. "But everyone else is going. And we're going to have to wait a month for the next time we can go."

"Should have thought of that before you stole from the supply room," said the captain calmly but with a cold undertone. "Now, you're going to spend the day with me cleaning the stables."

The two other girls groaned, but I stayed silent. I felt the Sun burning softly into the back of my head and, looking to the side, I saw many of my friends entering the carriages which began to take them away. It was a shame we had to miss out on such a fun day, but there was no way Levi would let us off without a punishment. I really did not know how I felt about spending the whole day around him though.

After quickly changing into more comfortable clothes which we could work in, with a lot of complaining and swearing, we joined Captain Levi at the stables and he instructed us on what to do, the four of us being the only scouts present at the whole base. He avoided eye contact with me and treated me just like the two others, which I was fine with for now until my embarrassment subsided. The man wore a handkerchief to cover his nose and mouth, and another one tied into his hair, which I found to be quite a funny look.