DINNER PARTY

The party descends to dinner, they encounter Molly Brown, looking good in a beaded dress, in her own busty broad-shouldered way

The party descends to dinner, they encounter Molly Brown, looking good in a beaded dress, in her own busty broad-shouldered way. Molly grins when she sees Jack and Emma. As they are going into the dining saloon she walks next to him, speaking low: "Ain't nothin' to it, is there, Jack?" "Yeah, you just dress like a pallbearer and keep your nose up." "As well as act like an airhead bimbo that needs a man to breathe properly." Emma chimes in. Molly smiles approvingly before adding, "Remember, the only thing they respect is money, so just act like you've got a lot of it and you're in the club."

As they enter the swirling throng, Rose leans close to him, pointing out several notables.

"There's the Countess Rothes. And that's John Jacob Astor... the richest man on the ship. His little wifey there, Madeleine, is my age and in a delicate condition. See how she's trying to hide it. Quite the scandal." She nods toward a couple, "And over there, that's Sir Cosmo and Lucile, Lady Duff-Gordon. She designs naughty lingerie, among her many talents. Very popular with the royals."

Cal becomes engrossed in a conversation with Cosmo Duff-Gordon and Colonel Gracie, while Ruth, the Countess and Lucille discuss fashion. Rose pivots Emma, who is holding Jack's arm smoothly, to show him another couple, dressed impeccably. "And that's Benjamin Guggenheim and his mistress, Madame Aubert. Mrs. Guggenheim is at home with the children, of course."

Cal, meanwhile, is accepting the praise of his male counterparts, who are looking at Rose like a prize show horse. "Hockley, she is splendid. But who is that fine woman besides her?" Sir Cosmo asks as he not so subtly checks out the latter. "Thank you and that is her new dear friend Emma Thompson." "Is she single?"

The entourage strolls toward the dining saloon, where they run into the Astor's going through the ornate double doors. "J.J, Madeleine, I'd like you to meet Jack Dawson and Emma Thompson." Astor takes Jack's hand to shake, "Good to meet you Jack. Are you from the Boston Dawsons?" "No, the Chippewa Falls Dawsons, actually." J.J. nods as if he's heard of them, then looks puzzled. He shakes his head and puts on a charming smile as he kisses Emma's hand. "It is a pleasure to be acquainted with such a fair beauty." "Charmed, now please excuse us" She says as she grabs Jack's arm again and they walk away.

Madeleine Astor appraises Jack and whispers girlishly to Rose: "It's a pity we're both spoken for, isn't it?" "Very, but he already promised to Ms. Thompson." They both grin as they watch Emma fix Jack's tie as he silently scolds her for thinking about stealing the silver.

Like a ballroom at the palace, alive and lit by a constellation of chandeliers, full of elegantly dressed people and beautiful music from Wallace Hartey's small orchestra. Rose, Jack, and Emma enter and move across the room to their table, Cal and Ruth beside them.

"The two of them must have been nervous but they never faltered. They assumed they were one of them... a young captain of industry perhaps and a young heiress of a fortune... new money, obviously, but still a member of the club. Mother of course, could always be counted upon..." the older version of Rose says.