Actions Have Consequences

"What were you thinking Lucy! Going off on your own like this?!"

"Seriously this kind of reckless move is more of something Natsu would do!"

"I agree with Sting and Rouge this was very dangerous you're lucky that we were passing by when we did."

...Ok so let's rewind a little...

"Can't you get her to stop crying?"

"What do ya think I'm tryin ta do?" Bisca glared at her husband as she cradled a distressed Lucy.

Lucy had not stopped crying since the group left Igneel's cave, after hearing what Natsu said broke Lucy's heart.

"Please stop crying Lucy things will get better I promise." Wendy and Romeo were rubbing her back.

"And we all know how much Natsu loves you and Fairy Tail! He can't stay mad forever." Romeo reminded

"And I saw Natsu still had his guild mark! So we know he'll come back for sure." Happy chimed in

"He just needs some time Sugarcube, that's all." Bisca said sweetly as she stroked Lucy's hair

"I HIT HIM!!!" Lucy shreaked the pain immanent in her voice

"Using that logic it's not nearly as bad as all the other times you've literally kicked him out of your apartment." Carla stated in her usual calm but cold tone

"Carla." Wendy muttered as her friend's tone was not helping the situation

Seeing that their words were not making a difference and that it was now getting late Bisca and Alzack decided to take Lucy home in hopes that she would have calmed down some in the morning.

She didn't...Lucy stayed in her apartment all day crying non stop. Loke had crossed over some time during the afternoon in hopes of comforting her, it didn't work however. All 14 of her spirits were saddened to see their wizard so upset, one thing you may not know is that even when not summoned spirits can still sense what's going on around them as well as their wizard's emotions and feelings and they react. This is how Loke and Virgo are able to appear at the right moments (or in Virgo's case weird moments). This is also how Loke already knew what happened without Lucy having to explain, and even though he wasn't proud of what she did, he can see that she feels terrible about it and is hurting because she knows that she's now lost Natsu's trust.

Bisca and Alzack tried coaxing her into coming out but eventually gave up after she threw a pillow at Alzack and screamed at them to leave, it was the same with Wendy, Carla, Happy, and Romeo. Except Romeo was the only one to get a pillow to the face.

...Back in Igneel's cave...

"Why did I say that?!" Natsu groaned leaning on his father's snout as he thought about what he had said yesterday.

"I love Lucy, I could never lose trust in her! She means everything to me!" Natsu stared off into nothing

"And the guild...I can't believe I said that, I could never quit, they're my home, my family and I love them more than anything."

"As true as that is their actions were still unjustified." Igneel stated calmly

"Accusing you of a crime you didn't commit, without giving you the chance to tell your side of the story and then shunning you for it."

"Unlike them your reaction was understandable." he added blowing out hot smoke.

"I guess so...but still maybe I should go back and talk to them?"

"I would not suggest that, son."

"Huh? But why?" Natsu raised an eyebrow

"Going back now will not change anything."

"What do you mean dad?"

"Your friends need to learn that their actions have consequences."

"I still don't get it."

"Natsu...if you go back now then your friends will not have learned from their mistakes and the same thing will happen all over again. Maybe not to you but to someone else entirely."

"Ok I guess you have a point there." Natsu slumped realizing his father was right

"So what do you suggest I do?"

"Stay away from the guild for a bit, give yourselves some time apart while giving them some time to think about what they've done and the mistakes they've made."

Natsu took a deep breath in thought before agreeing

"Okay. You're right...it's probably best I not talk to anyone right now."

And that's how it was for a week...

Natsu had not stepped foot in the guild hall and had been staying with his dad for the time being. He would go into town however to buy snacks and such, but mostly he'd do his usual fishing and/or hunting. Mostly because going into town was tough especially when he ran into one of his friends, like Gray for instance who had tried talking to him but Natsu gave him and everyone he ran into the complete silent treatment. Lucy was extremely difficult to avoid. It was so bad that he would take off if he so much as caught a whiff of her, and it broke his heart to do so. But he knew Igneel was right, that he needed time away and didn't want to risk saying something stupid.

And during that week one by one whether it was in town, the forest, or Igneel's cave each guild member would show up to give their apologies and tell Natsu that no one was mad anymore and that they're all waiting for him to come home.

Unfortunately bigger problems arose as news of the village destruction reached the Magic Council and Rune Knights were sent out to arrest Natsu. Fortunately Igneel was quick to turn them down and no one had the guts to stand up to a dragon let alone the Fire Dragon King Igneel.

However it was also at this time that Lucy decided to do something extremely stupid and reckless...

...

"What were you thinking Lucy! Going off on your own like this?!"

"Seriously this kind of reckless move is more of something Natsu would do!"

"I agree with Sting and Rouge this was very dangerous you're lucky that we were passing by when we did."

...And here's where we are now...