PROLOGUE! examine their souls, and somehow save the entire fucking world

PEARL DIVER ★﹚

﹙PEARL DIVER ★﹚

CHERRY GARCIA!

is a goddess.

20 years ago, there was a prophecy written about an event that would happen in the future.

it would save the world.

a star would fall from the sky, entering earth like a petal dropping from a flower.

the star would land on a dying flower growing in a forest.

it would open, revealing a series of colors, and something would appear, which would be the key to saving the world.

and, the prophecy was true.

13 years ago, a star shot from the sky towards the earth.

it landed on a rose, in a forest filled with trees, lined with vines and mushrooms.

the dying flower opened, flashing colors. finally, when the flower closed, a light shot up into the air, a beam.

every single person in the country watched as the flower opened, and something flew out from under the petals.

it looked like a fairy.

the creature was brought into the guardian, which was the tiny country's version of a president.

the small country, which seemed normal to anyone on the outside, was now inhabited by the goddess that had come out of the flower.

she was named cherry garcia, and was put under the protection of the guardian, alexander garcia, who became her father.

when she was 7 years old, her mother drowned in a river. cherry saw the entire thing, and felt the horrible feeling of despair as she watched the only person who made her feel normal float away and disappear into the violent blue waves.

after that, she spent every waking moment on land.

she adored water, as it was part of nature. except, she would never in her life enter it.

showers were fine, sure, but oceans, rivers, pools? no. absolutely fucking not.

fittingly, cherry was the goddess of nature, not just love.

she was the most powerful being in the universe, as far as anybody in her country knew.

she was the universe.