Chapter 2

Song listed at the top: Play With Fire by Sam Tinnesz & Yacht Money (Also available on my playlist for this book on Spotify. User: _akwaah_ )

A moment is all it takes for a mistake to occur and that's it

It can spin your whole life around and you wouldn't even know it was that one small piece of information that got misplaced.

When lies are told to cover it up, it gets hard to keep up, it gets hard to keep everything in order because lies are just thin material of cloth you put over the truth and someday, the wind will blow and that piece of cloth will be moved itself.

Everything will come clean one day.

It may not be on your own record but those mistakes you keep buried will come out.

And you will just stand there watching as the fire from those lies gets bigger and bigger and starts destroying everything you built. And you will just stand there to watch.

Mistakes are there to be fixed, not to cover up.

And maybe I am too late to realise that which is why my life consists of lies, lies and more lies. And the guilt I am bearing for those lies is getting bigger and bigger and it won't be long before everything explodes into flames.

"Go."

"I'll be fine. It's just a night. I will find him, I promise." Sasha looks at me wearily, her dark blue eyes glowing in the darkness of the car.

"I may be only dropping you off and while this stupid white shirt and black trousers you made me wear to look like your driver is pissing me off so don't think I will let you go when you come back." she narrows her eyes at me making me fight back a smile.

Leave it to her to complain about her one second appearance here. That too in a car.

"I won't, wait for me tonight," I wink at her and a slow smile starts to take over her face. She mutters 'stupid' under her breath before shooing me out of the car.

"Please don't get hurt. I can't ruin another one of my outfits because I got blood on them helping you." She shouts before driving the car away, clearly worrying about her clothes more than me and that makes me chuckle. Sasha and her obsession with clothes will always fascinate me.

Before walking towards the front I lightly tap my mask to make sure it's on and smile at the guard standing near the door. Standing tall with a black suit and a straight face, he nods at me after I show him the invitation card and walk inside.

Strutting in through the doors with my teal dress on my figure. It's a figure-hugging dress that is backless but has stripes going across to hold the backside. There is a small bow on my tailbone where the dress is starting right on top of my ass, the front is a deep v-cut. It sprawls behind me few inches and my hair is open in a side parting.