Chapter 21

I never knew that one kiss would lead to me being laid on the beach with Arius staring down at me like it was this moment he has waited for his whole life

I know it's not true but it feels good being on the receiving end of it.

His big muscled body covering my own, the hard muscles bulging as he holds himself above me, and the piercing gaze of his ink-black eyes. His hair falls around his head as he looks down at me making my heart race faster, and faster and faster.

There is nothing this man does that makes me feel anything less. 

I provoked him. 

I gave him my permission and after getting that admission out of me, I know he seem pleased with the answer. 

I had only kissed ever one person. That was a quick peck on the lips and I won't tell this to Arius but it was Riko. 

I had to cover myself when I almost got caught sneaking out so I used him but it was nothing. It was nothing more than pressing lips against his. No tongue, no touching. Nothing.

With Arius, it's different. It's at another level. I didn't let my mind wander about boys, men or anyone of the opposite gender because I didn't care. 

Yet now that I am bound to a man, and I have this freedom to let myself go for it.

I want Arius. Not any other man. 

I want this overprotective, overbearing man who loves to bring me on the edge until he gets what he wants. 

I want this roughed-up man who I always find staring at me. 

My eyes catch the sky where a gasp leaves my lips. The stars are the brightest and clearest I have seen them. The slightly purple tint to the sky with the thousands, millions even billions of stars in front of me.

"Arius, look at that," I pat him on the arm to get his attention before a wide smile spread on my face.

"Do you like the night?" I turn my head to look at him just in time to see him look up at the sky and nod. His shoulder touching mine while his eyes come back to me every second. Like he doesn't want to miss any second of me.

"It's calming, isn't it? I came out every night after you left and it was the only thing holding me together," I sigh, the tension from my shoulders eases as I realise that looking at the stars wondering what is what makes me intrigued with them. 

"It was a starry night too," confused, I look over at Arius to see him staring up at the sky too but he glances at me before looking back up.

"That night we first met, it rained right after I left but it was a clear starry night," 

"And the sky was clear as today. There was a shooting star that night too, I wished for something that night," I finish Arius's sentence and when I do, he looks at me slightly wide-eyed. Not noticeable but seeing that he doesn't give many reactions, it's easy to see when he does.