Dear Shift in the storm

Dear Shift in the storm,

This is abnormal, but I love how the clouds are shifting in my life. I noticed the lens flare as the clouds drift away. I used to think I was better off because the storm was the storyteller of my life, and I thought it was here to stay.

Now that the clouds are finally drifting away, the scattered light is awaking my soul to a brighter day. I use to be so lost, but Nurse Hope's kindness is helping me find my way. Her actions have made me realize that love doesn't cost a thing and that I want more out of life. I know that it is possible.

Dear shift in the storm, would you take my complex memories with you? Therefore, curiosity will not enable me to continue to think of the 'what-ifs.' If you can, would you do me the honor of shrinking my and Kace's memories? Could you void them as they shrink in the fading light? There's no need to expand what we are trying to do away with.

May you melt our frozen tears? If not, could you please make them invincible in the light? Could Kace and I become intangible as our old life disappears in the shift of the storm? We've had more than our share of fragments—and we are ready to be set free. For far too long, we've reached our breaking point.

Dear shift in the storm, could you wash away our fears and wash us whole—as we step into our new life? Let there be no more secrets and lies, for Kace and I have endured enough. We are ready to shed our skin, and we are most certainly ready for our new beginning. I feel the change because the tear stains on my face have left their footprints for me to walk into a new world. During this shift, I am going to be still because I know when the storm is over that I am going to be alright.

I no longer have to be selfish for all the wrong reasons,

Ember