Tell me

A/N
Hello my lovelies, this isn't a chapter but i need your advice. Im writing a story for a class project and I want to know your views on it. Thank you

Island’s Treasure

Aquellia's Point Of View

Hello, I’m Aquellia, I’m seventeen years old, I have long black hair like my Pa, big blue doe eyes like my deceased Ma and a petite figure like all the girls on my Ma’s side of the family. No one is entirely sure how Ma died, she just disappeared one day and My grandma said she was now in a better place. Pa and I grieved for years, three to be exact, but I still somehow felt that something wasn’t right. That something was missing from the story, but I didn’t have anything other than a gut feeling to go on, so there was nothing I could do.

I have two friends, both boys; their names are Samuel and Adam and they are both eighteen. Even though I referred to both as my, I’ve always seen Samuel in a romantic light, but I didn’t have the courage to tell him. They are both only children like I am but they, unlike me, have both their Ma and Pa. Samuel has short curly brown hair that slightly covers his right eye, said eyes are deep pools of emerald green pulling you in and drowning you in an emerald sea. While on the other hand, Adam has short straight blonde hair that is always swept back except for a few stray strands. He, unlike Samuel and I, has heterochromatic eyes; his left eye is as blue as the atlantic and his right as brown as sugar.

Its been about a week since we began our great search. My Pa gave us a map saying how he somehow knew that we would find the treasure hidden on our small island home. Not many people live here seeing as the weather conditions are kind of severe, especially when it rains. So many people take every chance they get to leave while others refuse to leave their homeland. Back to our mission; our search for the islands treasure, during the first week we’ve encountered some endangered animals we’ve never seen before even through we live here. Most animals tend to keep themselves hidden to avoid predators.

[A week earlier]

“Aquellia! Are you finished packing?” I heard Adam call out from downstairs. I was upstairs in my room hurrying around for the things I needed for our little expedition.

“Almost!” I called back searching under my bed for my flashlight “found it” I whispered to myself in triumph. I picked it up and put it in my bag before zipping it up and hoisting it onto my shoulders “I’m ready!”

I jogged downstairs, my pants ruffling against my legs “finally” Samuel groaned in annoyance at my appearance. “can we go now?” he asked in a whiny tone

“yes” Adam and I said in unison.

“bye Pa!” I said bidding my farewell waving at my father who sat on the stairs sipping a cup of tea “I’ll see you soon”

“bye, Aquellia! See you soon”

“So where are we going first?” Samuel asked as be began our treck.

“Let’s go to the park, we can see where to go from there” I suggested nodding in the direction of our community park. It was just a small area and plain and trees the builders didn’t get rid of to build something.

“Okay, to the park we go” Adam said grinning like the goofy boy he was. He always liked our mini adventures, so he liked this one just the same even though we just got started.