EPILOGUE

"One more push, Erin!"

I held onto Thomas' hand screaming bloody murder as I gave all my might into delivering my baby boy. My engagement ring was digging into his hand so hard that it left a mark. Oops.

A few seconds later, an ear piercing cry damaged the eardrums of everyone in the room-- Kevin, Dave, and Krist had joined Thomas and I for the occasion.

"It's a boy!" Dave squealed in excitement, and Krist smacked Dave's chest. "We literally all knew that, Dave."

"I know, but isn't that what you do when--"

"Everybody shut up!" Thomas exclaimed, watching in awe as our son was handed to me, wrapped in a little blue blanket, with light brown peach fuzz on top of his head. Tears still streaming down my face from the pain I had just endured for five hours straight, I gazed down at the whole human I had just pushed out of myself and I felt absolute pride and love.

"Hey, little guy," I brushed my fingers over his cheek, watching his eyes open, revealing bright blue irises.

"He looks just like him," Thomas whispered, and I looked up to see tears in his eyes, accompanied by a huge smile on his face. He knew.

"Yeah," I let out a strangled sob at the fact that my baby had a piece of Kurt inside of him. "He does." I don't think there was a dry eye in that room.

Thomas collected himself before announcing, "Let's name him Kurt."

Everyone nodded in agreement.

We named him Kurt Perry Murbach-Cobain.