thank you

so we hit 20k reads today. i am beyond amazed and thankful. kind of in denial too. i didn't think in a million years that my obsession with kurt cobain would result in a book that took 2 years to complete, let alone get 20,000 reads on wattpad.

i began this book in high school as a junior when i couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel, so i channeled my ambitions (the rock band and never ending love triangle parts, obviously not the drugs and death parts whoops) into this story to make sense of where i was in life. this book was the light at the end of the tunnel. if i can complete this, i thought to myself, this will take up enough time to get me out of high school. and it did.

it took me a whole year after high school ended to muster up enough courage and inspiration to knock out the last 9 chapters of this book. it was not easy. covid knocked the life out of a lot of us, and i didn't feel like creating. but when my first year of college was coming to a close, i remembered that one book i had been writing about the guy that happened to be on a giant poster on my wall.

and i remembered how much kurt and erin meant to me, and was reminded especially how i was becoming more and more like part I erin every day. i'm a SONGWRITING MAJOR. at BELMONT UNIVERSITY. my DREAM SCHOOL. sure, i spent most of my time in a dorm room wallowing in music theory homework and self pity, but i've been making so many business connections, met my producer, made some bomb ass rock music (independent kids out now!) and finally met real, genuine friends who i know will truly stand by me.

y'all got me through this past year. your comments and votes brightened each and every day. even when i was at my lowest, i would go into this app and refresh to see all the "THE BUTTERFLIES OMG"s, "BITCH YOU DID NOT"s, and especially all the "NOPE NOT TODAY"s in response to courtney love 😂. i hope y'all know how thankful i am to each and every one of you.

if you feel ever so inclined, please check out my two other nirvana publications, oh me (kurt cobain) and marigold (dave grohl). they are my most recent reasons to keep on going. and i don't plan on stopping.

also, if y'all are interested in hearing more of my music (since y'all accepted "familiar" with such open arms, very much to my surprise) you can look up eva nicole on spotify, apple music or any other music platform you have access to.

xoNyquila