chappie ten: lingering

MC being done with life >:3 hi babies!!!—-Yona wiped at her tired eyes, leaning down to switch out her school shoes to her regular ones

—-
Yona wiped at her tired eyes, leaning down to switch out her school shoes to her regular ones. She shifted her bag to the ground and slipped her stocking covered foot into the shoe. A few stray papers poked out of her bag making her sigh at the headache she had the previous night.  Class was becoming more of a hassle, but a trip to a beautiful place named Okinawa was going to be worth it.

Her class president had droned on about groups that had to be chosen along with rules that were to be followed. Putting that aside, Yona couldn't wait to experience this small ounce of freedom. Ever since she got home soaking wet and cold, her dad was stricter about hanging around town longer than necessary. It made her roll her eyes because if it were her brother, nothing would be said. Very unfair if she had to say. Her mother simply told her that she was their baby and didn't want her to get sick. They reluctantly allowed her to go on the field trip as long as she updated them.

Oh, and while on the trip, she also had to look after the school's pervert. She wasn't complaining, but his reason for going was a pain. Like the friend she was, Yona managed to convince the nice girl sitting beside her to join Reita's group. A repeat of events that happened at the festival that Reita promised not to let happen again. Her stomach churned with unwelcome feelings and it caused her to frown at the thoughts bombarding her mind.

Reita was a pervert, yes. But the desperation in his eyes as he pleaded for his best friend to help him get somewhere with this nice girl made Yona give in. He thanked her with tears in his eyes as he showered her in compliments. Letting her know that she was the most precious angel in the world.

Oh, that's why.

"Yona-chan?" The soft voice of Teruhashi pulled Yona from her thoughts. Kokomi smiled at the stoic girl, "I've been meaning to talk to you. We haven't really talked much since hanging out with Sa- the guys." Her fair skinned cheeks lit up at the slight slip of the pink haired boy's name.

Yona almost forgot about the amusing reaction Kokomi had towards Saiki. Her mind drifted away from Reita and the neutral face of Saiki appeared. She hadn't talked or seen him either since they saw each other at Cafe Mami. Neither of them reached out to one another and kept to themselves respectively. Though as curious as she was of him, Yona didn't let that side of her go too far.

"Yeah, I guess not." She replied.

"Do you want to catch up? We didn't get to talk all that much and since I know you're probably not a fan of crowded areas, we can go to this small restaurant I know. What do you say, my treat?" Kokomi offered. It was an invitation that didn't pressure the (color) haired girl, though it benefited her since she would be able to save money.

Teruhashi was good at observing and remembering the tiniest details. At lunch, she subtly passed by Yona and each time she saw her, a cute package of cookies sat on her tray. Teruhashi kept the packaging in mind when she searched about it. Various coupons popped up, meaning Yona was a money saver. She also took note of her lack of friends, a sign that you weren't much of a social butterfly and someone who liked her space.