Chapter 14: Chorus Pluviam

!!! WARNING: VIOLENCE, NEEDLES !!!

   I darted my head around in panic. People were looking at me, they were hiding their young from me. I didn't know what was going on. Most got as far away from me as possible, but some stayed where they were, knowing I wouldn't hurt much. I hissed at them, out of fear. The crowd didn't take it that way.

     They moved farther back, concerned about their safety. I looked behind the crowd and saw somebody on the phone with another person. I panicked and darted towards them. I jumped over people's panicked feet as I leapt up and latched my jaws onto the bottom of their shirt.

     "It's on me!" they yelled. I clenched my teeth at how loud that area got as everybody started yelling out of fear. I never got why they're so scared of Sauriums, there are more deadly dragons out there right? I bared my teeth and growled, the shirt still in my mouth.

     I grabbed the person's hand with my claws, and gripped. Blood ran down my arm as I moved my legs to latch on the person's thighs, then push off, launching myself. I landed on the ground and ran as fast as I could back home. The rain poured on my body. I was cut off by a group of humans all so much bigger than me. They began closing in on me.

     "Don't move." one whispered to me in a hushed, yet assertive voice. I hissed again in hopes of them leaving. Some stepped back while the others began moving in closer.

     I was never a violent dragon, but I wouldn't be afraid to lunge. The noise, the rain, and the threat of death seemed all too familiar, but I didn't know from where.

     My instinct told me to defend, so I did. I ran up to the first guard I saw and jumped as high as I could. My feet landed on their chest and my head was level with theirs. I opened my jaw and bit their neck. I clenched as hard as I could, then pulled back, still biting down. The guard stumbled before shoving me off.

     They were shouting words I hadn't learned yet, and grabbed me as hard as possible. I made as many threatening noises as possible to try and keep them away. My heart started racing, what if they kill me? What if I never see Seaweed again? What'll happen to my human?

     They shoved me into a crate I didn't even see. I hissed in terror.

     Please, no. I don't want to die yet... echoed in my thoughts as I tried to ram my head through the now closed opening. I was locked in. One of the humans reached their fingers through the slots, then put a needle through my skin, right on the back of my neck.

     I bared my teeth at the pain that shot through my body, followed by a severe weakness. I fell down to the bottom of the crate as I darted my eyes around, not being able to do anything else.

     All my questions began to fade away as I started to black out. My head filled with the sounds of the rain, and nothing else mattered.