Epilogue

"Hey Chirp?" I asked him.

     "Yeah?"

     "Uh, where's Sunny?" I asked nervously.

     Chirp stopped rolling around in the mud in the backyard and looked at me.

     "Oh, uh, probably inside." he assured me, "She wouldn't run off, not with Nevaeh around."

     I walked out from under the part of the roof hanging over the backyard. The rain landed on my head, wetting what I spent a good couple minutes drying off.

     "Are you sure? I mean, not to be rude but, Nevaeh can lack in, uh, observational skills." I chose my words carefully. I knew she couldn't hear me, she doesn't speak dragon, but nonetheless it didn't feel right stating it.

     Chirp looked at me with calm eyes.

     "Maybe we should check."

     We walked into the house and dried our feet of mud. Chirp shaked the water off his scales. Nevaeh was in the kitchen doing something I couldn't see. I was only a juvenile, after all.

     Chirp walked up to her, before walking away.

     "We shouldn't bother her, she's happy, and I don't want to worry her." he said, seemingly pulling it out of nowhere. I didn't want to question it.

     Chirp walked up to the door and used his mouth to turn the doorknob and open the door. We weren't exactly as stealthy as Sunny so Nevaeh noticed us.

     "What are you two doing?" she asked, still in the kitchen.

     Chirp chirped and tilted his head closer to the door.

     "You can already go outside, Chirp."

     Chirp made a sadder noise and looked at his front paws. Nevaeh sighed.

     "Fine, you can go roam around but come right back." she said sternly.

     Chirp made a happier noise and went out the door. I followed.

     "She breaks easily." I said, thinking about how easy that was.

     "Suppose so."

     We reached a muddy land bridge and crossed it. I remembered the fact we never checked the house, but the rain was refreshing anyway, why waste it? There was a commotion in the center near the teleport.

     "What's going on Chirp?" I asked, getting worried about Sunny.

     "It's most likely nothing, maybe something interesting on the news happened." he assured me. People kept speaking about a Saurium attack.

     "They're talking about a Saurium attack right?" I asked Chirp to make sure I wasn't hallucinating.

     "No, yeah they are." he said, clearly thinking about something.

     We were standing near the teleporter, but nobody cared because a Rocirus wouldn't be deadly.

     I looked around at everything. There was a faint trace of blood on the ground, between the cracks in the stone flooring.

     "Hey Chirp?" I asked, "What's that?"

     I nodded in the direction of the red traces. Chirp looked at me sadly, as if he had bad news to tell me. It didn't look good.

     Sunny is okay, right?

     "We should head back, Seaweed." he said.

     We proceeded to walk back home, all the worst case scenarios flashing in my head. I'm sure she'll be fine, it's not like she can't put up a good fight. She's a Saurium, and they have natural fighting abilities. She won't die.

     Right?