Shot Three

Arnav (shouted): WHAT THE...

Arnav turned towards her Di, hoping she refutes this horrendous allegation but her tormented expression said it all. He then recalled the day Khushi and Di were arguing. Anjali was calling Khushi inconsiderate and Khushi was asking Di to understand that everything she wants is not possible. Already under a lot of work pressure, Arnav asked them to find a neutral ground without even knowing the crux of the matter. Now he wishes he had asked Khushi to elaborate. He should have known his selfless Khushi who considers Di the same as Payal wouldn't have refused if it wasn't a major issue. If only he had intervened, even he would have gotten the opportunity to tell her that he, under no circumstance, would have taken this right away from their child. Yes, he did feel sympathy for Aarav but the only reason he spent time with him was because Khushi pointed out that the boy idolizes him and by being a good influence on him they would hopefully stop him from becoming another rude ASR. Their similar interests and Di's constant nagging may have resulted in him spending more time with Aarav than he initially planned, but did he actually fail to make Khushi feel included?

Coming back to the dispute, he remembers when he came from the farmhouse the next morning, he found Aarav throwing another tantrum but his focus was on Khushi so he didn't bother about the happenings. When he asked the family about the argument hoping it give him a clue, he wasn't told the details but just that eventually Anjali had backed out* so that couldn't be the reason Khushi left. Finding Khushi being of utmost importance, he didn't investigate further. He was also so consumed with guilt about his own behaviour, and fear of separation that the argument took a back seat in his mind.

(* that's why Aarav was upset as Arnav wouldn't be going to his school)

If only he had pestered his family more, he would've known that Anjali had agreed to Khushi but grudgingly and taunted her a lot. Mami, who never left a chance to insult the Gupta sisters, too had chimed in saying how Arnav had changed after marriage and although he would have agreed with his Di, he will have to do as Khushi says just to avoid another fight. Unable to bear the treatment doled out by Anjali and Mami, the silence practiced by Nani and the fear that Arnav may once again hold her responsible for his Di's sadness, Khushi left.

Arnav still didn't know all this, but seeing the faces of his family members, the information given by Rahul, and recalling his own past actions, he could well very guess what Khushi must have thought and why she left. He would've taken her side but how could she have known that when his sundari has seen his shaitaan side more often than his loving one? He never knew his weakness in expressing himself and his actions would result in such a catastrophe.

He knew that in all this he was nowhere close to blameless - his nonchalant reaction to her qualms, especially the ones regarding Sheetal, had played a big role in leaving her vulnerable. He should've guessed that their silly squabbles about whether she should dress more modern or whether he talks less with her as he isn't fluent in Hindi was not Khushi being her pagal self. There was a lot hidden behind these questions and the DNA test. When Di, only because of her past, could be insecure about a person like Jiju, who's always valued the sanctity of marriage, how could he grudge Khushi for doing a DNA test? Sheetal had been an ex and although it was hardly a relationship, he never clarified the details with Khushi. His innocent wife also knew his views about live-in relationships and the Lavanya chapter had happened in front of her. Again, that relationship was not physical to the extent she imaged but she had seen their PDA and was bound to make her own conclusions. Even if she had taken the test, wasn't it sensible on her part to gather all data before taking any action. Unlike him, who had misjudged her of having an affair with Shyam based on half-baked information and almost destroyed her. On top of that she claimed she hadn't even done the test. Shouldn't he have trusted her words? Yes, he let go of the matter in a few days but didn't it drive a wedge between them which, as he can see now, made matters a lot more complicated. He swore that the minute he meets her, she will know she is his priority. He would do anything to turn into the Rajkumar she fell in love with and wanted one last chance to show it to her.