[03] I DON'T LIKE COLD DAYS

· ────────── ·

· ────────── ·

THE COLD WINTER was as cruel as every year. Even more brutal today, as it was the coldest day of the entire season.

[Y/N]'s freezing hands hid in her jacket's pockets. Her feet rushed to PK. Academy, trying to not become an ice cube before the first class started. Her steps were fast but wary, considering falling in front of everyone at school was not an option. She couldn't handle any more embarrassment for this week.

Since it started, [Y/N] got in trouble at least ten times. She wasn't the culprit on any of those occasions, of course. She was always in the wrong place at the wrong time —almost like Saiki was too. The reasons were always three: Nendou, Kaidou, and Toritsuka.

[Y/N]'s three nightmares made her do things she never thought to do before. Every little thing they did, got her reputation of normal and boring girl to a problematic one. Not in the wrong way, though. Just the status of a weird girl that had strange friends who did odd stuff.

(Use of synonyms: +100!)

For example, earlier that week, Nendou decided it was the best time to have a hide-and-seek tournament around the school's hallways. The loser had to dress in a maid outfit for three days in a row, and the winner got to mock them as much as they wanted.

Big news, Kaidou lost, and Saiki won —Hairo was very disappointed that he failed.

They all got punished for making Kaidou break the uniform rule, so they stayed after hours cleaning the classrooms. And that's when they determined it was the best time to have a competition to see who cleaned the fastest —this was just a short sample of the stupidity of her friend group.

[Y/N] was slowly becoming even more like her friends. Getting in trouble for the minimal things, but getting away with it at the end —notwithstanding the cleaning situation.

"Hello you!" shouted the third nightmare —Toritsuka Reita—, while approaching where she was. He smiled behind his scarf, shivering with every move. "Isn't it freezing right now?"

No shit Sherlock.

Hey! Reita is back.

Yes... but at what cost?

"Yes, of course!" she answered, nodding her head up and down and shaking as well. "I don't know how this could get any worse."

Why would you say that?! That just welcomes unfortunate luck to come here and kill you!

Reita and [Y/N] walked towards the school's entrance catching up with this last chapter since he wasn't part of the story around that time. Before entering, they heard a familiar voice screaming behind them.

"It's freezing!" shouted Kaidou, rubbing his arms up and down with his hands. "This is a freak weather! It's an ice age!"

Getting all worked up isn't going to make you warmer.