Chapter 4- Making Plans For Nigel (XTC)

This statement had surprised Henry. 

For a second of pure bliss he'd thought that Eddie looked at him with something akin to understanding, but he must've been mistaken. The look he'd thought he'd seen must have been closer to pure rage. 

Now the clock had struck eight, and it was time! Henry was wearing a black leather crop top,  silver sparkling heels, and... a budgie-smuggler. Methane would have loved it.

To his utter disgust, Eddie was wearing the same thing. Great minds think alike. 

However, while Henry flaunted heels and a crop-top, Eddie wore a budgie-smuggler and a budgie-smuggler alone! Well, plus a feather boa, that he'd handmade himself out of Ethanol's magnificent feathers. It was a rainbow of shades and brought out his shining blue eyes. It must've been from a beautiful bird, Henry thought. 

Playfully, Henry jested "Hey sweetie," smirking at the other boy.

"Sorry, I'm diabetic," replied Eddie with a glare, shutting him down. He didn't have time for Henry's mind-games. 

"Ready?" asked Nigel, standing in the corner with a gramophone. Sensing the tension, he started it up. 

"Stand Up," the theme song from The Next Step, began blaring through the room. Because when it came down to it, the beauty of The Next Step transcended the limits of space and time.

"This is jepic!" remarked Nigel.

Suddenly, the incredible crescendo of Jedward's voice emerged from the chorus. It was the Jedward remix! 

"THIS IS SO JEPIC!!!!" shouted Nigel again, even louder, in a drug- fuelled frenzy. 

The two boys individually started their routines. The clients started pouring in, beckoned by the music, waving pennies and tuppences in their hands and flexing their shillings. 

Henry twisted and turned like Eldon, using his ballet training from his time with his father to prompt his movement. This was important to him. If he wanted to survive, he'd have to win! 

The pair started dancing harder, losing themselves in the music. Henry did a back-flip! Eddie did the worm! Until finally the music stopped.

Breathing heavily, they looked around the room, and found everyone had left. 

They'd got carried away— the clients wanted sex, not an elaborate dance battle between two male prostitutes. This wasn't The Next Step, unfortunately, no matter what the power of CBBC and Jedward led them to believe. Neither Eddie nor Henry even won, just lost all their clients...

Russell was going to be fuming. Luckily, he was out doing extra-curricular activities...