Chapter 11 - 2x12

1867 Flashback

1867 Flashback

It had been 1 year and 11 months since mother had died, and something strange was happening. I know it sounded crazy, but I swear I wasn't aging. 

My hair wasn't growing, my body wasn't maturing, for god's sake! My pubic hair wasn't even doing anything! All in all, my body had altogether ceased to grow.

I had also acquired these scars on my back, which were oddly symmetrical and identical. They were painful the first day I got them, which was when my mother had died. But I thought they would go away after a while

People were starting to talk about the girl who seemed to look exactly the same after almost 2 years. I was supposed to be 19 by now! But it seemed as if I were still stuck in my 17-year-old body!

Mystic falls was a clean place. Too clean, and so I knew that if there was any imperfection that could risk tarnishing the town's name, the founder families would find a way to eradicate it. 

I even had proof. 

I asked around for many months about why dozens of people were getting taken and burned under the church, including Katherine, and I had received some information. It wasn't much, but people told me that they were unnatural, unchanging, and monsters. 

I didn't know what was true and what wasn't, but if people started noticing that I wasn't aging, I was 90% sure that they would not hesitate to kill me as well.

I was going to run away that night. I had already packed my things and was all ready to go. There was just one thing I was worried about.

 Liam. 

My brother. 

He was extremely crafty and clever, and nothing ever seemed to get past him. I needed to escape without him knowing. 

At 23:00, I had planned on sending up one of the maids to seduce him, and he was disgusting like that, so it would work for the time being.

 Then I would sneak out of the servant's exit since they would all be asleep by then. Perhaps the only good thing about my caretaker was that she allowed the help to get enough rest. 

I had already arranged for a carriage to pick me up at 23:10 sharp, and the driver I picked was excellent at timing.

 It should be easy enough.

 What could go wrong?

End of Flashback

I was walking to school, not excited to inform all my teachers that I had failed to do the homework they suspiciously all set on the same night.

 I needed to come up with a good excuse, and I assumed that saying I was battling supernatural creatures to save everyone's lives would not suffice.