Chapter 27 - 3x07

Kaitlyn P

Kaitlyn P.O.V.

Alcohol was a good way to make decisions.

Or at least that was what my sluggish brain was telling me after I had ordered the 3rd shot. I had been at the Grill since 12:00, mulling over my brainiac decision of meeting with Augustine. Sure, I could possibly get locked up there again, or gruesomely killed, or not even cured at all!

But what did I have to lose?

If I did nothing, I would probably end up dying anyway. 

Rebekah had tried calling me numerous times, but I hadn't answered, scared that she was somehow going to convince me not to go. 

"Hey Kaitlyn," I heard a voice speak up next to me, almost shyly. 

I turned my head slowly to see Damon sidling up next to me on a stool, sunglasses covering his eyes. He looked as if he had had a rough morning. Not that I cared. At least that's what I told myself. 

"How are you?" he asked, ordering a drink. "I haven't seen you for a while."

"Yeah, I've kind of been on a blood rampage with Klaus and Ripper Stefan," I droned, indicating with my drink that I wanted to be alone. 

"Right," the Salvatore cleared his throat uncomfortably. "Well, you look like you're making a life and death situation," he then tried to joke, not realising how accurate he was. 

"I am. And it doesn't help that you keep trying to talk to me," I snapped. "You might not see me for a few days after this."

"Why?" Damon put his drink down, looking more curious than ever. "Kaitlyn, you're kind of the queen of making reckless decisions. You should probably tell me."

"Have you ever heard of Augustine?" I asked him tiredly, actually wanting to get someone else's opinion on this. 

"W-where did you hear that name?" his voice suddenly went quiet, and he almost choked on his drink. 

"Why, do you know it?" I asked him in surprise. 

"Do I know them? Do I know them?!" he asked angrily. "I was stuck there for a few years being experimented on!" 

"What?" I took a sharp intake of breath. "When? I was there as well for a few years as well. 1906-1956. And you?"

"You were there for decades?" his eyes widened. "Oh my god Lyn. I was only there for 5 years! But I had a friend there who was also stuck there for a while. He's dead now. Enzo was a good man."

"Wait, did you say Enzo?" I asked in shock. "What do you mean he's dead?! I knew him."

"I, um, j-just assumed," Damon scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. "I'm actually just guessing. He's probably not dead."

"Well they called me yesterday," I told him. "And I've made a deal with them. In fact, I'm meeting with them in a few hours."

"You can't do that," he said suddenly. "I won't let you. If you go there, there's a big chance you'll never come back."