Chapter one: Moving

ROSALIE'S POV:

"But Dad, why do we have to move?" I ask and pull a lock of my blonde hair behind my ear as I lift my last box into the moving truck.

"Princess, we've already been over this, it's for business. Besides, you'll get to see Riz and Alya a lot more now," my Father sighs.

"I don't give a damn about Alya, and it's not like we'll be attending the same school is it?" I sass.

"Well, we thought that is was best to send you to the other school, that way you and Alya won't be ripping each other's heads off and that you and your brothers won't be the odd ones out," Dad explains.

I sigh but give up on the argument, our family is moving from Harrogate to Ackley Bridge. Our family friends live there, Uncle Sadiq is a popular business man over there. My Uncle Steve, my Mum's brother lives there as well with his wife Mandy. Despite my family and friends there, I really don't want to move whatsoever, my life is here in Harrogate, with my friends and school and boyfriend, well, ex-boyfriend now. Hunter cheated after I told him that I'm moving, he couldn't handle or even give a go at long distance a try so he cheated, I found out, I broke up with him and my brothers nearly got arrested for attempted murder. He was so toxic anyway. So I'm moving from Saint Marks to Stanley Nunn High School which I'm not looking forward to, to make things worse, it's Year Eleven so GCSE year. The only upside to moving away from Harrogate is that I'll be able to see my best friend in the world, Riz Nawaz, a lot more now instead of just over FaceTime.

"Rose!" I hear familiar voices shout. I turn around to see my best girl friends, Harmony, Magnolia, Catalina, Freya and Sarah approaching my house.

"Girls," I squeal and let out a breath that I didn't know that I was holding. I run over to them standing at the the start of my driveway. I hug them all so tightly I think that I'm sucking the oxygen out of their lungs. I pull away from Catalina with a shaky breath.

"Promise me that none of you will forget about me," I chuckle.

"How could we ever forget the baddest bitch around?" A voice from behind them shouts. They all turn around and we see Braydon, the final part of our friend group.

"Braydon!" I exclaim and run over to him, wrapping my arms around his neck, delving him deep into a hug.

"Hey babes, I know you're leaving and all that but what are you wearing?" He asks and snaps his fingers, in front of my outfit, I laugh because Braydon is obsessed with my wardrobe.

"Oh who am I kidding, the Rosalie Bethany Harper looks incredible in absolute everything even if she swore she'd never be caught dead in unmatched colours," he laughs.

"Hey, black, white, green and red do go together," I argue. I'm wearing black, baggy, ripped jeans, a red chequered shirt, some black and white vans with my emerald jewellery set.

"Yeah if you want to look like a Christmas tree. But take it from your most fashionable gay bestie, you can rock literally anything," he replies. I smile and stand up on my tiptoes to peck his cheek.

"Anyway, I just came to say goodbye. I'll miss you so much Rose. I swear to god that if you don't stay in touch I will come and embarrass you in front of all of the new friends that you'll make at your new school," he says sweetly and hugs me one more time.

"Bye Braydon, I will miss you so so so so so much," I breathe, trying to hold my tears in. He kisses my forehead before he rubs my back then takes off. I turn back to the girls and beckon them into a huddle.

"Ok a few parting words, Sarah, don't make them change their hairstyles every few months. Freya, don't keep nagging them on about their homework, they forget to do it it's them who suffers the consequences. Magnolia, don't turn my locker into a florist before it's given to a new student. Harmony, don't keep forcing them to listen to classical music when you have sleepovers so you can fall asleep quicker. And Catalina, please don't keep going on about the boy that you walk past that you find cute. Now to all of you, I love the five of you so so so so so much, keep in touch yeah?" I say, my eyes glossing over with tears.