||१३||

Yatee P.O.V.

I was a little nervous that the time of Shahi Snaan. It was something way more unusual to me. I barely spend any time after myself. This bath, on the other hand, seems like taking forever.

Firstly they used rose water to bathe me. It was followed by application of various pastes. Then they gave me a milk bath followed by warm water bath. Thank God !! It ended... Or not ? Mohini came forward to apply Kumkum to my forehead. Then my mother brought a mud pot containing burning coal and chanted some mantras while performing rotations of dry chillies and salt. It was horribly spicy. Then finally I was taken back to my room.

I wore a red saree with gold border. I was about to make my hair and put the jewelry when suddenly someone knocked on my door.

"Who is there ?" Kumud asked as she was helping me to get ready.

"I am sent by Raje from Chandanpur. I have a confidential message for Bai Saheb."

It had to be Sadashiv Rao. Except him, no one called me Bai Saheb.

"Let him in and you all wait outside." I asked Kumud and others to leave as he had a confidential message.

"Come in, Sadashiv Rao." I opened the door.

Today, he looked something different than everyday. He was with me only for three days but I had bonded with him like he was my long lost friend. He asked me to have a seat. He wanted to explain me something, I guess. He was a little upset or some terrible news was about to be shooted at me.

He was about to speak when suddenly Sripad Bhauji knocked on the door.

"Vahini Saheb, your milk is ready. Have it before it cools down. Oh, Sadashiv, so it's you who has brought the news from Chandanpur." He noticed Sadashiv who was standing at some distance from the door.

"Yes, Senapati (commander in chief)."

"You both have a talk. I am there outside the wada, if any help required." Saying so, Sripad Bhauji left.

Chandrashekhar P.O.V.

I was about to reveal everything to Yatee. It wasn't feeling proper to me to hide from her who am I and why I stayed as Sadashiv. I was about to speak when Sripad entered. He gave her milk and left. I handed the glass of milk to Yatee. She was having her milk when she asked me to tell why was I there, suddenly to meet her.

"Actually I wanted to reveal who am I and why was I staying with you for three days. I didn't feel it right to hide from you. Afterall, you are the Queen and you must know about everything." I was gathering courage to speak to her, especially after experiencing her fierce angry look that night, I was afraid that she will be disappointed with my act.

But then, suddenly someone again knocked the door. This time, it was Appa Saheb.

"Are you both having an important discussion ?" He asked in a hurry.

"Not actually, Appa. I guess we can have a talk later, right Sadashiv Rao?" Yatee understood that something was important than a merely existed bodyguard.

"As you say so." I left the room but was standing outside as I was currently a bodyguard of Yatee. I mistakenly overheard Appa Saheb speaking with Yatee.

"I got to know that Mohini and you are leaving in two days. Today are some functions to be held. Your mother forgot to tell you this. So change this Saree and wear a simple one and come down. This saree you are supposed to wear when you leave for Chandanpur. And that Shahi Snaan wasn't just any Shahi Snaan. It was your sort of Haldi ceremony. So come down in minimal jewelry, quickly."

After Appa Saheb left, Yatee called me in -

"We will talk later on. Currently I need to attend my family members."

"As you say so Bai Saheb."

Yatee P.O.V.

Why everytime that Sadashiv resembles Swami ? This is so confusing. But why these ceremonies are held ? Urghhh... Again ceremonies, means I need to get ready again and again. Fine. I'll tolerate this time.

After dressing modestly, I went down only to find another surprise for me. Baba, Mamanji and Sasubai had arrived whilst I was getting ready. Sripad Bhauji, Narayan Bhauji and soldiers had left for protection of Swami. I was so glad to meet both of them together. I bowed down to Mamanji and Sasubai and then tightly hugged Baba. This was the best gift I had ever got !! Baba asked me to have a seat in the middle of the hall. Then Aai said that as a ritual Alta and Henna would be applied to my feet and hands. I had a choice what to choose.

So what to choose ? Alta has deep red colour and looks modest on hands. But I cannot walk for few hours after application of Alta to my feet. On the other hand, henna has deep brown colour and dries quickly. Unlike that of Alta for which I need to dip my feet in the decoction of Alta, Henna is applied with the help of a stick. So I can walk while henna is still wet. And also, Swami likes the smell of Henna. Yess !! How can I forget ? Swami likes the smell of Henna !! I still remember he was sniffing the smell of Henna on my hands when we had taken some rest before our Gondhal function, eight years ago. So the choice was clear. I was applying Henna. I said Aai about my choice. And then few ladies came in front with two pots full of Henna. Only Kumud, Mohini and myself were applying Henna. We were seating into the inner chamber.

Soon my Henna on my feet dried up and I washed it. We were seating in the inner chamber where men didn't visited frequently. So none of the ladies were holding their Pallu's over their shoulder or heads. These were taken as an act of modesty amongst senior men and head women. But then, Sasubai came inside. Everyone took their Pallu's over their shoulder or heads except Mohini and myself. She didn't had compulsion as she was pregnant and my hands had henna so i wasn't. But then when Sasubai noticed I was trying to take my Pallu, she instructed me to ignore it. She said she was here to hand me over the Payals she had brought.

"Mesmerizing !!" I exclaimed

After that, Sasubai left. Then Kumud came near me and whispered something which totally shook me off the nook.

" हे पैंजण आमच्या चंद्रशेखर भाऊजीनीं घेतले आहेत हो तुमच्या साठी. (These anklets are a gift from Chandrashekhar Bhauji to you.)" Saying so, that fifteen years old Kumud left the room giggling.

Really? Swami chose them... That too, for me ? I can't beleive that !!

_____________

Another update !!

What do you all think, will Chandrashekhar come to pick up Yatee?

Next update on the same topic...
Till then, stay safe, take care and lots of love 💕