Chapter 17

Subtle winks, kisses and glances is how Noah and I spent the next week. 

We had a couple of close run-ins with my brothers. Noah and I were making out on the couch one day after I got back from school and Jace walked through the front door. Luckily we had jumped apart just in time, and there was a movie already on in the background so nothing looked out of place. Just two roommates sat together on the couch watching a film. 

Noah has been treating me like a complete princess. Picking me up after cheer practice, coming into my room late at night to make sure we got our own special goodnight and also buying me a bunch of flowers one day and putting them in my room. 

School was going well, much better than it was in Texas. With it being my senior year, I was trying to keep my head down. But that didn't mean I was going to say no to another party Saturday night. 

On Friday morning it was just Noah and I sat round the table at breakfast, my brothers already having left for work. 

"Can I take you on a date tonight princess?" Asked Noah unexpectedly 

"uhuh yerds is liftd dap" I said with cereal in my mouth 

"That's not very lady like" Noah replied laughing "try again"

"Yes I would like that Noah, Thankyou" I managed, once swallowing my mouth full 

"I'll pick you up after cheer" he said "That way your brothers won't be suspicious. Can you take a change of clothes to get changed into there?" 

"That's a good idea. I will go and find something to wear now" I said getting up from my seat and kissing him on the head on the way past.

~

After cheer I walked out of the changing rooms in search of Noah's car. I told my brothers I was going to Ella's house tonight, They didn't question Noah's whereabouts... he was a grown man after all. 

As I was unsure of where Noah was taking me, I dressed cute but casual and wore flats just to be sure. My blonde hair was wavy from my cheer bun and I wore a long skirt paired with one of my brothers old t-shirts, tied at the waist to make it fit better.

 My blonde hair was wavy from my cheer bun and I wore a long skirt paired with one of my brothers old t-shirts, tied at the waist to make it fit better

He was sat waiting and I waved at him once I came into view. He lent his head out the open window and wolf whistled at me. God this jerk was so embarrassing. I laughed, along with some of the other girls from cheer who were in the car park too. 

"Maya Grace. You are one hell of a beauty" he said complimenting my appearance as I got into the car and leaning over to peck my cheek. 

"Are you going to tell me where we are going Mr. Finnegan?" I asked looking up at him

"I think I am going to keep it a secret a little while longer" he smirked at me in response

We drove for around half an hour passing lots of places on the way. I had originally guessed the cinema, we drove past that. Then I guessed Mary's Diner, went past that. Noah's secret spot on the cliff? Nope not that either. Running out of guesses I decided to sing along to the radio instead. My favourite song being played first, Bob Marley 'Every little thing'

"I could listen to your voice all day princess" Noah said after the song had finished. His face dressed in a smile. 

Finally, Noah pulled into a parking lot. "When I was younger, we used to come here all the time. It is my favourite restaurant. Not to fancy, but they do the best pasta dishes which I know you'd love. And the best part about it is we won't know anyone here as we are in the next town over"

We walked into a restaurant 'Alessandro's' and followed a waiter in the direction of our table. We sat down and Noah ordered 2 beers, knowing I would want one too. I did like a beer after all, he knew me well already! I asked him what he though I should order, and he suggested we got a couple of dishes to share so we could try more. Deciding to order a carbonara dish, chicken fettuccini and some garlic bread. 

"Whats your favourite colour Noah?" I asked once the waiter had come to take our order

"Yellow. Thats random, why do you ask?" 

"It just occurred to me that I am on a date with the hottest man I know and I don't even know much about you" I said a bit sad about my realisation 

"My favourite colour is yellow, I want to go to south America, I like penguins and I have a degree in engineering" he finished "How does that sound?"

I laughed 

"Hi I am Maya. I want a Newfoundland dog, My favourite place in the world is my grandmas farm in Tennessee, though she's not with us anymore we still go and visit the farm whenever we can. I hate oranges and I can't cook" 

"Maya, everyone knows you can't cook!" he said laughing "That is not new information"

Sitting there laughing we continued our game of 21 questions, getting to know now another more. 

Our food arrived and we shared it all, Noah keen for me to see why this was his favourite place. 

"My dad used to bring me here before he died" said Noah suddenly "We would come here every Friday, just me and him, and we would sit here till the sun went down and my mother called for us to come home"

"Noah it's okay. You don't need to tell me" I said reaching for his hadn't across the table 

"No, you should know. I want to tell you" 

"When I was 12 we got into a car accident. We were driving here, just me and him, for our Friday dinner and a drunk driver crashed into us. I got away with cuts and bruises, My dad" he choked out "My dad was on the side that got hit, and he didn't make it. My home life was never the same after that"

I squeezed his hand reassuringly. No one should lose their parents when they're 12. His dad never got to see him grow up, he didn't get to know what Noah chose to do for work, or what he was going to name his kids. I wouldn't want to imagine a life without my parents. Though they may not be in the country at the minute, I still knew they were just a phone call away. 

"I am sorry Noah. I am always here if you want to talk about it" I said

"I know princess, thank you" he lifted my hand up to kiss it "To be honest, I try not to dwell too much on it anymore, but you deserved to know. I want you to know everything about me" he said

This was a side to Noah I had never seen before. He was open and honest and I loved seeing him vulnerable, Instead of his usual cocky and confident self. Tonight I felt like he trusted me for the first time since meeting him. I felt cared for. 

After our meal, and Noah being a gentleman and offering to pay. We walked back to his car hand in hand. Reaching the car he sat me on the bonnet and lowered his head to kiss me. God he was a good kiss. Each time his lips left mine I felt an addiction and desire to pull his back to mine again. 

What was this boy doing to me. 

"Baby stop" he said pulling away whilst I tried to keep his lips on mine "Maya, I already need a cold shower. I don't want blue balls too" he laughed

I giggled "Ooops. Sorry" 

"It's alright princess. But we better get going anyway." he finished. Pulling me off the car and opening my door for me. 

Our first date was one to remember. Vulnerable Noah was cute and kind. I hoped our second date would be soon, and just as memorable. 

Up next; Do Seb and Jace find out about the date?