CHAPTER NINE:

It felt like they made love for hours on end, Gillian lay in Callan’s strong arms listening to his heart beat she smiled. “I think this is the first time I’ve heard your heart racing.” Callan chuckled and planted a kiss on her forehead; “I can promise that it’s not the first time you changed its rhythm.” Gillian looked into his eyes; “you always make my heart speed up. In the best way.” He pulled her to him and kissed her again.

“You were definitely worth the wait my Gillian. My gorgeous, beautiful, wonderful Gillian.” Gillian gave him a seductive smile. “I might forget how much I enjoyed you, my Callan, you may need to remind me... over and over and over again.” Callan smiled. “It will truly be my pleasure to remind you whenever and wherever you need reminding as many times as you’d like my Gillian.” Gillian moved to get up. Callan caught her and pulled her back into his arms. “Where do you think you are going?” Gillian smiled at him caressing the side of his face. “I’m going to warm up the food so that you can have more energy for me later.” Callan let out a laugh. “I’m not out of energy now!” he kissed her again, she pulled away gently. “Callan, you forget that I am planning to do this all night!” his eyes shone as he sent her butterflies wild once more. “I’m going to make love to you for the rest of my life Gillian, but that doesn’t mean I have to stop and take a break!” she kissed the tip of his nose. “I love the sound of that, but let’s go finish eating please I am actually still hungry. You didn’t even lock your front door and I forgot to ask if the friend that your brother called left yet?” Callan smiled gently. “The friend Quinn called is long gone! And I did lock the door, while I set the table. But eating is a good idea, my body is in need of the nutrients and if I’m being honest I just really want to eat your divine food.”

Callan had requested that Gillian wear one of his shirts, ‘so that I can get to you easier.’ Gillian smiled and agreed if he promised to wear only shorts. “You want easy access too?” Callan teased, Gillian shook her head as she bit her lip; “because this,” she ran the tips of her fingers over his abs. “You turn me on and I like that not many people know how good you look without a shirt on.” Callan gave a deep chuckle; “now you just teasing me.” Gillian smiled; “yeah but at least you know what’s in store after all the teasing and this time we not waiting three weeks before we make love again!” Callan tightened his arms around her; “no, we will not wait three weeks ever again.”

This time they sat in the kitchen and finished their meal, after reheating it. Gillian sat on the counter and Callan stood in front of her, while they shared a plate of food. After Callan put the dirty dished in the dishwasher he stood between her legs with his arms around her waist. Gillian wrapped her long smooth legs around him, her arms around his neck; “tell me something I don’t know about you.” She asked he rubbed his jaw and gave her a small grin. “Don’t you know enough of my secrets already?” she shook her head. “Okay let’s see, I’ve never been in a serious relationship. No woman ever made me feel like I wanted to be not until I met you. I never thought I’d ever experience love, the kind that Quinn has, the kind that make my knees weak and my heart race. The type of love that would make me do irrational things, like tell a woman that I love her before I’ve had the chance to make love to her.” Gillian kissed him gently.

“Can I ask you something?” he nodded. “How did you know he wouldn’t hurt me?” Callan’s eyes grew serious. “Gillian, I am so sorry.” She took his face in her hands. “I’m not, and I know that you would never put me in a situation where I could get hurt so how did you know?” he gave her a small smile. “Because he knew anything he did to you I’d do worse to his wife, she’s pregnant and I knew he would never intentionally do something that would put his baby at risk.” Gillian flinched, she never realised that she still clung to the hope of one day becoming a mother until the word baby came from his lips. She ran her fingers along his jaw line where a bruise was beginning to form. “Is it sore?” Callan shook his head. “not even when you kissing me?” Callan gave her a breathtaking smile. “No Gillian, even if my jaw was broken I would still kiss you like this...” and he pulled her to him kissing her with passion that made her core ache with love for him. When he pulled away she let out a small whimper. He swallowed, his voice filled with the lust that she felt in every part of her being. “Hold that thought just want to get some water. Want some?” Gillian gave a nod, her voice not ready to be used.