Chapter 47

Salaam everyone. Unfortunately I just got out of the hospital again. :( Please keep me in your Du’aa! May Allah swt help everyone around the word who may be struggling with any kind of hardship.

Hana glanced out the window of her bedroom, and shivered slightly, closing the blinds quickly as the swarm of people underneath realized she was there and began to shout and raise their cameras. Of course they had managed to catch up with them right as they were turning into Hisham and Ilham’s house, and they hadn’t left their stake out for days now. It was a hassle for Hisham to go to work, and Ilham to take the kids to school. Hana had secluded herself in her appointed bedroom in total and utter fear. She didn’t like feeling like this, scared out of her wits. Like she didn’t have control over her life anymore. But at the same time her broken ribs and leg was a reminder of what those people were capable of, and it frightened her to her very core.

“Hana? Habibti, do you want to come to the store with Hamoudi and I?” Ilham asked pushing open her door gingerly.

Hana shook her head.

“No thanks.”

“Aw come on habibti. You’ve been up here for three days. Come with me, you can pick out your cake for Sunday!”

“I’m okay Ilham.”

“Hana, you can’t be scared for the rest of your life.”

“But this is going to be for the rest of my life. If Houssam proposes to me and I say yes, this is what my life will be like.”

Ilham sat on the edge of Hana’s bed.

“Hana, you’re scaring me talking like this. This isn’t you.”

Hana shrugged.

“I don’t like it either, but it’s reality.”

“So you don’t want Houssam to propose to you?”

Hana was silent.

“I love Houssam. I love him with all of my heart. But I don’t know if I can do this.”

Ilham put a hand on her shoulder.

“Yusra wants to know if you want to go stay with her?”

“Won’t they follow us?” Hana asked with a nervous glance in the direction of the window, and Ilham shrugged.

“We can figure it out.”

“We thought coming here was safe, and look what happened.”

Ilham sighed.

“My dear, I love you. But I refuse to let you sit here like this. Get dressed, we are going to the store.”

“Ilham, I have three broken ribs and a broken leg! How do you expect me to move around!?”

“They gave you a wheelchair for a reason!”

“Oh yeah it’s going to be really easy to sneak past the paparazzi in a wheelchair!”

“Get dressed. Be downstairs in ten minutes.” Ilham said through clenched teeth, and Hana sighed.

“Fine.”

Ten minutes later Ilham was helping Hana into the front seat of her car, and was slowly backing out of the driveway, trying not to hit anyone. Of course they started clamoring with their cameras, taking pictures of Hana, and she started to panic until Ilham broke free of them.

“Don’t look out the back window.” Ilham advised, but soon Hana had turned her head and winced as she saw them gaining on them.

“Ilham just go back home!” she cried, and Ilham shook her head.