𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

THE NEXT PRACTICE after the fight was awkward

THE NEXT PRACTICE after the fight was awkward. even though everyone seem to adapt to it well, you still felt weird around hinata and kageyama. they were separated into different teams for practice, walking past each other as if they weren't there.

the practice went well and the coach taught them about the tempo and the basics. you spent the whole week staying back after practice to help kageyama perfect his "stopping toss" while hinata practiced with coach ukai's grandfather.

after a week of practicing, kageyama finally made improvements on his tosses. the ball stopped in the air for a few moments, but it wasn't perfect yet. still, you had to admit you were impressed, and so was he.

he was surprised by his own ability and you were so happy to see him grow. you decided to treat him for some ice popsicles on your way home.

"you did great today, tobio. do you think you can do it for the practice match with nekoma this weekend?" you questioned while sucking on your ice pop, him doing the same.

"i don't know. im still not confident about it, but i'll keep practicing so we probably won't be using it yet." simply shrugged and proceed to munch on his ice popsicle. after a few minutes, you both stopped in front of your house. "goodnight tobio. see you tomorrow." you waved goodbye to the male and entered your house.

you walked over to the gymnasium and told the coach that nekoma had arrived. you watched as mr takeda and coach ukai made their way to the entrance to welcome nekoma.

you and daichi slowly make your way forward and crept up behind the teachers, you standing next to him with the manager's notebook in your grip. the teachers continued with their conversation and started to walk away, leaving you with nekoma's volleyball team.

"whoa! y/n- san! you look so good in your uniform!" the silver haired boy complimented. "eh? hahah! you're too kind lev!" you blushed and waved your hand in the air.

kuroo had a disgusted expression plastered across his face and you smack his arm, earning a laugh. daichi and the rest of the team started to make their way towards the gym, you and kuroo the only ones left behind.

"come give me a hug!" he cheered. "ew no! you're sweaty." you pinched your nose. "that's the point." he gave you an evil grin before hurriedly pull you into a friendly hug. "ergh! gross, now i have your sweat on me!" you groaned and he chuckled.

"i'm gonna go change into my gym clothes now. you can head inside." you muttered and walked away. "hey!" kuroo called out. "what?" you turned and gave him an annoyed look. "lev was right, you look great in your uniform." he grinned and made his way into the gym, slightly jogging.

you slammed your locker door shut and rushed over to the changing room, hurriedly taking off your uniform and slip into your sports attire. you took the team jacket in your hands and dashed out of the room, pacing down towards the volleyball gym.

you pushed the door open and made your way to the scoreboard. the referee blew the whistle and the match began. hinata and kageyama hadn't used their quick attack today, which nekoma found weird but didn't addressed it.

they only used their normal attacks or kageyama would pass the ball to tanaka or asahi. karasuno won the first set and they took a short break. everyone was in a good mood but kageyama and hinata were still not talking. you handed their bottles to them and saw kageyama walked off to the corner while hinata indulge himself in a conversation with yamaguchi.

"you good?" you asked kageyama as you walk over to him, taking the bottle and towel he had handed over to you. "yeah." he shortly replied and nodded before walking back to the court.

you placed their bottle and towel down on the bench and went back to the scoreboard, watching the match. after a few hours of playing, the practice match had finally ended. it was still pretty early, and everyone walked out of the gym after cleaning up. the coaches and teacher told us that they are going to grab a drink for the night, and that everyone will be having a group dinner tomorrow. you all cheered and parted ways with the teachers.

"i'm starving!" kuroo rubbed the back of his head and groaned. "me too," the rest of the members echoed. "let's go get some sushi." daichi told both of the teams, and they agreed eagerly. "sushi? i kind of want ramen though..." you mumbled.

"eh? i think there's a ramen shop near the inn we are staying at!" kuroo exclaimed and your eyes lit up. "really?! let's go then!" you grinned and told the boys that you and kuroo are going for ramen instead.

"kenma, are you coming with us or not?" kuroo asked the shorter male, who reluctantly nodded and joined you both, his attention never leaving his psp.

"this is the one." kuroo stopped in front of a restaurant and the three of you entered the store. you picked a seat and sat down in the corner with the two boys, laughing at kuroo's stupid jokes until a familiar voice called out your name.

"y/n- chan?" "y/n?" both of the male called out in sync. you turned your head around and saw oikawa and iwaizumi.

"hajime! tooru!" you answered and saw that kuroo was a little confused, but his face went back to normal when he read the words on the side of their t-shirt. "who are these people, y/n- chan!" oikawa whined and wrapped his hands across his chest.

"they are my friends from nekoma!" you exclaimed and gave them a grin, kuroo awkwardly waved while kenma took a small glance and went back to his gaming device. "hi, kuroo tetsurou. team captain." kuroo stood up and extended his hand, to which oikawa took into his own.

"oikawa tooru, aoba johsai's captain." he gave a firm shake and a side glance. kuroo's attention turned to hajime and they both shook hands. "iwaizumi hajime." he simply muttered and took a seat next to you and kuroo. "that over there is our setter, kozume kenma." kuroo pointed at kenma who sat in front of you guys. kenma gave a small nod before going back to his game.

oikawa who was seated next to him started asking him questions about volleyball, his experience as a setter and kenma surprisingly answered each of his them politely.

"why didn't you tell me you're going to have dinner with your friends?" hajime uttered as he sat himself next to you and you quickly turned to face him. "i'm sorry i must've forgotten! i was so busy today that i didn't check my phone." you explained and apologised. hajime shifted in his seat a little before he nodded and gave you a small smile.

you turned your attention back to kuroo and he was telling stories about his teammates and how him and yaku were total opposites since day one. you giggled when kuroo said he prefer dogs over cats due to the irony of his school being neko-ma.

the food came and everyone was eating in silence except for you and kuroo. he kept trying to steal your dumplings and asking for your soup.

"tetsu. you could've just ordered the same ramen as mine if you wanted it so bad!" you complained and he swallowed a bite. "no, i wanted to try a different one but i also wanted to know how yours taste!" he whined and furrowed his brows.

you saw oikawa and hajime exchanging glances at each other upon seeing your interaction with the dark haired male. you smacked tetsurou's arms and said, "stop taking my food, tetsurou. i'm literally starving!" you groaned. he laughed and messed with your hair. "okay, fine. i'll stop."

you went back to eating your bowl of ramen, but kuroo and iwaizumi were sending glares at each other behind your back. hajime knew what kuroo was up to, and kuroo knew well that hajime has something going on with you.

oikawa and kenma noticed the tension between those two and kenma cleared his throat before calling out to the team captain.

"kuroo, we should finish up soon. i'm getting tired." kenma stated and kuroo turned his gaze away from iwaizumi before nodding at kenma. "right. we should totally get back."