1.05 Tori the Zombie

Jesse watches as Tori runs through her lines for the play with Robbie who, slightly surprising all of them, landed one of the lead roles.

"I-I don't know," she says, sounding completely unsure.

"Oh, come on!" Robbie exclaims. "Why can't you admit that you're in love with me?"

"Why are you in love with me?" she demands.

"Because you're beautiful," he tells her. "Look at your face in the moonlight."

"I can't."

"You can."

"No. A person can't look at their own face. It's impossible."

"Then marry me and I'll buy you a thousand mirrors," Robbie promises.

"But that's so many!"

"My father's a billionaire. I can give you everything you've ever wanted and I'm very good looking."

"Mm. Yeah," Tori agrees hesitantly.

"Think," he tells her.

"And... lights," the director calls.

The lighting changes as Robbie walks off stage and Tori turns to look at Beck.

"I don't know," she says.

"It's okay that you don't know," he assures her.

"But you deserve an answer."

"I can wait," he says with a shrug. "For you, I would wait a thousand years."

"But that's so many!"

"I know I'm poor. I know I don't have much to offer, but I do love you."

Tori turns and starts to walk away. "Because I'm beautiful?"

"I don't love you because you're beautiful." Beck grabs her shoulder and turns her around. "You're beautiful because I love you."

Jesse smiles, impressed as ever watching his boyfriend act. Unfortunately, the entire mood is ruined when lights start to flash and disco music starts to play. They all turn to stare up at the lighting and sound controls.

Jade stands up, both hands held out in frustration. "What up with the disco?" she demands.

"I'm sorry!" Sinjin calls down. "I hit the wrong thing."

"No," Jade says with a glare. "Fifteen years ago, your mother gave birth to the wrong thing!"

"Jade," Jesse warns with a pointed look.

"Well, it's true!" she declares, sitting back down with a huff.

"Okay," the director says slowly as he stands up. "Why don't we take a break?" He turns to the stage. "Tori, Beck, you guys were great. Really nice stuff."

"Thanks," Tori tells him with a pleased smile.

"How was I?" Robbie asks as he tries to walk away.

"I've seen worse," he says bluntly. 

Robbie's face falls and Jesse bites back a laugh even as he walks over to clap a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"You weren't bad, man," he tells him.

"Really?" he asks hopefully.

"You weren't good either," Rex adds.

"Hey!"

Jesse shakes his head and drops his hand as the two of them fall into an argument only for his attention to turn to Jade when she suddenly stands up.

"Guys! Guys!" she calls, phone in hand. "Everyone shut up a second."