Chapter 18: Sister's

I stared blankly at the position they were in before sighing when Alyssa started to flush from embarrassment and dipped underneath Aaron’s arm. She zoomed over to me and waved her hands frantically in front of herself.

“Jasmine it’s not what it looks like!” 

I glanced at her from the side as I sat down the lunchbox. I look over her shoulder and see Aaron with a displeased scowl on his face while making his way over to us.

“Get out” he demanded rudely to me 

He seemed to look at me like something insignificant and that pissed me off. Not because he’s being a jackass, but because he doesn’t respect anyone and acts like an arrogant little rich boy.

I narrowed my eyes at him as a challenge.

‘I don’t care what he wants, but if this is the guy Alyssa is going to end up with then I better make him learn that he can’t control everything’ I thought turning my gaze away and ignoring him

That seemed to get him angry and he was about to insult me when Alyssa angrily looked at him

“Excuse me, this is my sister your glaring at” She said with hands on her hip and puffed out cheeks that she tried to make look intimidating

Aaron smirked at her

“A half-sister” He corrected staring deeply into Alyssa’s eyes

………

‘He did not just say that’ I thought with a little disbelief, ‘does he truly believe your not family if you don’t have blood relations’

‘Wait’ I stopped thinking for a second and tuned out the drama fest happening between the two

‘Aaron considered Gabriel his brother, so then he does believe that family isn’t just by blood. Then why did he say that?’ I thought putting my hand underneath my chin. Not to mention we are blood related.

‘Oh! That must be why’ I thought with realization,’ Aaron did a background check on Alyssa in the novel and found out that her step family are mean to her. Though he only did a basic background check because he didn’t really care about the insignificant bugs. If he did than he would have known I haven’t been mean to Alyssa’

“Jasmine” I was pulled out of my thoughts by Alyssa’s voice

I hummed and looked at her in question

“Thank you for bringing me lunch” she said with happiness

“Yeah, you did what you were asked to do now, leave” Aaron demanded again, moving to stand in front of me and glared down at my tiny form. He was literally towering over me with his height of 6’2’’ and my 5’’

I internally sighed at this single-brain celled man child. He thinks of Alyssa as his possession and tries to control all her actions in the future, and guess what? It happens because Alyssa doesn’t think anything of it. I'm not going to let this guy ruin the chance of my sister having a good and healthy second life.

My eyes widened slightly

‘My sister’ I thought with wonder, ‘do I really think of her as a sister’ I looked at Alyssa who has been glaring non-stop at Aaron for disrespecting me

I turned my confused stare towards the ground for about a second before my eyes changed to acceptance.

‘If she’s my sister, than I guess-’ I brought my eyes up to meet with Aarons who jolted a little from the new look in my eyes, ‘-I better teach this a mongrel a lesson for putting his filthy hands on her without permission’