+ chapter nine +

Project X

All Rights Reserved

© 2015 Luna Black

~*~

"Alexa?" Xander called as he entered the house. He locked the door behind him, letting out a tired sigh and stretched his arms over his head. He frowned when she didn't answer him and he walked towards the kitchen. "Alexa?"

"Mm?" She muttered, adding the finishing touches to Corah's painting. She had been working on the painting non-stop after they ate breakfast. He had left the house around seven in the morning and it was a little past four.

It felt strange for her to be alone in the house for so long. She grew bored of the TV quickly and that day she felt inspired to finish his painting.

"Alexa?" He knocked on her door.

"In here," she called back, biting the black coloured pencil as she added a little colour to her blue eyes.

Xander pushed the door open, smiling at how concentrated she seemed. Her eyebrows were pushed together, forming a slight crease on her forehead and her lips were pouted cutely. "We have to go to your monthly check-up."

"Again?" She groaned, wiping her bangs from her forehead.

"Yes," he chuckled, leaning against the doorframe with his hands crossed over his chest, "it is called a monthly check-up for a reason; you have been here for three months."

Alexa widened her eyes, turning to look at him and said, "Dude...time went by so fast!" She shook her head, putting the coloured pencils with the rest and stepped back to admire her artwork. She hoped he liked it; she spent a lot of time and poured her soul on it. "Xander?"

"Mm?" He raised his eyebrows.

"Come here," she moved her index finger, motioning for him to move forward, "tell me if you like it. If you don't what should I-"

"It looks beautiful," he interrupted her, his eyes shining brightly at how perfect the picture was. He was amazed at how she could capture so much detail when she didn't have Corah in front of her. "I really like the shading here," he pointed to her cheekbone, "it makes it more realistic."

Alexa grinned, a slight blush growing on her face and she said, "Thanks. Are you sure you don't want me to add you to it? I mean, the original picture it was you and her..."

Xander shook his head, his eyes still glued to the picture and he murmured, "It is perfect the way it is." He turned to her and smiled, "And what was it that you called it? Artistic certificate?"

She laughed. "No, artistic licence."

"Yeah," he nodded, "when you can take or add things to the painting even if they are not there. I like it this way."

"I want to draw you," she blurted out. "Like...another painting."

His smile widened and he said, "When?"

She shrugged. "I dunno...whenever you have time."

"Well," he cleared his throat and glanced down at his watch, "we can start today when we come back from your appointment, if you would like...?"

"Really?" She grinned, nodding quickly.

Xander laughed and said, "Yes. I am going to take a quick shower. I should be out in ten and then we can leave."

Alexa nodded, grabbing her towel and made her way to the bathroom without another word. She quickly took her clothes off, tying her hair up in a tight ponytail and then tied the tail around her band to make a bun. She got in the shower, breathing out in relief as soon as the hot water splashed down on her and hummed songs under her breath.